Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see these on Amazon.
Are there any that have sensors to shut off when the Battery is charged so there is less risk of burning stuff up?
Duratrax IntelliPeak ICE DC Competition Charger $93.50
Duratrax Onyx 245 AC/DC Charger w/Balancing $120
Duratrax Onyx 235 AC/DC NiMh/LiPo/LiFe Charger w/Balancing $88

As for the Battery it came with a 7 cell nimh and that was dead in 20 min which just don't seem right to me.
I guess I need to figure out a good LiPo cell.

20 min is pretty good. That helps in a couple ways; first, after 20 min youneed to check the temp of the motor with a thermometer of infered temp sensor. If at 20 min. your tempa are anywhere near 180 degrees, its time to stop immediately and let the motor cool off. While cooling off, this is when you yourself take a breather,charge up the batt, and check out your truck for anything coming off.

Actually 20 mins is about average for Nimh / Nicad . One of the biggest reasons I tend to stay away from lipo is that very reason , you cant overcharge you can't drain it to far etc etc , it's a pain I'm the ass . I use a Novak IONIC Charger it's an AC/DC charger that does both Nicad and Nimh packs up to 8 cells , has a built in discharger for conditioning packs and automatic cutoff when the pack is charged . They don't make this one anymore but know that the Onyx 235 and 240 do the same thing . When the pack is fully charged it cuts off to a trickle charge . You do STILL have to monitor it when charging LiPos . Another good pick would be the new Traxxas EZ PEAK PLUS Charger its AC/DC powered , does up to 6 cell LiPos and up to 15 cell Nimh and Nicad packs . It also has a balancing port for LiPos , cooling fan and comes with Traxxas connectors already installed . That's around $ 110.00 

Thought you all might like to take a peek at this . It's a class 1 body for Losi's 1/5 scale desert truck . Heres the truck itself

Heres the class 1 body

and it only costs LOSB0019BLKBD
MSRP: $2,399.99
Available for*: $1,599.99

*at participating retailers
Told you guys RC could get expensive lol . The body alone is $ 250.00

I have upgraded my Speed Energy Truck to brushless (verillion 3500 KV and a LiPo 2 cell battery)
OH MY GOD!!!!
This truck is so Faaaaast now.
it pulls wheelies TOO!

I'll post a video soon.

Now you are inthe big leagues with that motor setup jeff. Enjoy. Just pay real close attention to the motor temps. Keep them under 170.

how do I monitor Engine temps ?

Good Mornin Tool.
Well last night I droped in a brushless motor as well and man what a differance.
Had some rain lately so tha ground was a little damp but it will spin the tires for sure.

Hey Carl now your beginning to see what I meant about RC being ADDICTING . Once you make one change you gotta make another then another then another lol 
Yes Jeff they DO make a wheelie bar lol . Glad your having fun with it 

Jeff, I had my own nfared temp gum from my days as a motor tuner. You can find one at harbor freight pretty cheap. Its a must though. Ask MJ, and see which type he likes.

Id go with the Duratrax LCD temp gauge DTXP3100 its around $25.00 and is a good choice for beginners cause of its easy use just point and read . Tool you might like this how bout an on board temp gauge Traxxas makes a great one 4091

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service