Thought I would drop you guys a little note and tell everyone what a great job Robby did last night, we started the weekend with the same setup that I had used in the fall race w/ MW, we had to make a few changes to it because it seemed as though the tires were a little different this year. We ended up getting the car pretty good in second practice and felt like we should have qualified in the top 15. Robby did overdrive the car a little on the second lap but that was because we sort of messed up and gave him his first lap time in the middle of the second lap, he did not think it was good enough and over did it in 3 & 4. Started the race and the car was pretty good and very good on a long run, we made very small adjustments all night. The pit crew needs a little work, but overall did a good job. It was a pretty fun night all in all.

Gene Nead

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He did a helluva job on the top line coming from 18th to 14th in the final 2 laps. Who knows what would have happened. He had a Top 15 car all day and he got a Top 15. Leave it at that and be happy.
Gene - thanks for the note and thanks for helping RGM out. We all know you poured your heart and soul into the team while you were there - I'm sure it feels good to be able to come back in, suggest a few tweaks and get "instant" good results. Thanks for giving it another shot.
Mean Gene!

Great run on Saturday...about damn time this team had one of those....

Thanks!!
Bought time had a good run!
Gene you've brought sunshine to the Planet! Thanks for your post and your efforts. I know everyone is looking forwad to Texas now.
solid effort......i haven't seen the word "fun" posted after a race for a long time......good sign of things to come.
Gene, I have to say that I was surprised, NO SHOCKED, when I heard your voice on RG's sanner, BUT I was VERY pleased. I do hope to hear your velvety voice on the scanner more often this year! "Nice and smooth....."
Very pleasant surprise to have GN back in the fold. I liked the call for 4, especially with everybody coming. Going for 2 would have been too dodgy a call...let's be smart, get inside the 35 and save the more aggressive calls for later.

Great to have you at least thru Texas....hopefully longer. If you can help at dega, I'll be waiting for your "driving the car like a caddy" observation...lol
Thanks Gene!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service