41 46 Whitney Motorsports J J Yeley 20
42 60 Germain Racing Todd Bodine 13
43 87 Nemco Motorsports Joe Nemecheck 13

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's that racing luck thing!
that's part of being competitive

if you're not in contention at the very end then how you ran doesn't matter.

I'm sure the 2004 season is one that Robby would like to forget, if he hasn't already.
RG is competetive now, just not crossing the T's and dotting the I's..If he wasn't close it would be a different story but he is close and can run with these guys, they are just not making it happen...
According to preveous stats @ Martinsville pretty much good practices times, just not good results.
He ran out of gas again! Are you f'ing kidding me? All guys use the phrase, Gas On all the time, How about changing that to Gas In or Gas Full? How many other drivers do you know that run out of gas?? Remember Infineon? Remember Dakar?? I mean, even a loss at Indy while running out of ethanol was a big one, how many Nascar races has he ran out of gas? What the entire RG team needs is a good re-organization.. Including the long shorts, hat on sideways group at the off road shop, I cannot stand seeing these guys thinking they are rappers in Monster shirts. From my standpoint, I will always be a fan, but I am getting really tired of listening to the excuses everyone is making for the failure of the shop guys at both locations. This isn't a part time, fun time racing category, this is a professional team supposedly, come on, someones head needs to roll, we are on manufacturer 3 or 4 after 6+ years and the excuses are still coming about gas calculations and engines. If I was running that team, someones ass would be in my office on Monday morning packing his boxes. This is B.S., quit trying to make excuses for this behavior. Either your in it to win it or bail, SpeedEnergy or not. Robby should have bailed on Nascar last year, re-organize his off road shop, and get into full time rally car driving. His talent is being wasted in Nascar and there is no money in Indy cars, that's been proven. No money in Off Road either, but there is still lot's in Rallying. He may want to throw in the towel on those overweight Hummers unless someone knows something I don't. No manufacturer, no more Dakar. More than my ten cents! Quit chasing bad money withy good money!

Bad Luck, really? Do you see anyone else that is losing using the bad luck excuse? When your running a team, you correct for this, there is no such thing as bad luck. There is bad workmanship, there is bad teamwork, there is bad products, there is even bad drivers (not saying that here though). Bottom line, the entire RGR seems to have the speed wobbles though, going to many directions and doing everything a bit less than 100%. You don't see the other teams running Dakar, Off Road Racing, Building Toy Big Foots and racing Nascar and thinking about Indy at the same time do you? It's time to stop, think, and re-focus. Then you will see the changes appear and it might take some time. Yes, some of those bad apples need to be fired? Start with the ones with the hat's on sideways! Use the term your fired a bit more, and the team will change.
the dude has a right to his opinion and raises some thoughtful points. you respond with pointless drivel...nice.
Slider, some people just have no respect.
I happen to be Robby's neighbor, trust me, I support him big time.

But I also worked for some of the best rally drivers as a fabricator / support teams. Robby is a great driver and truthfully should buddy up with Rhys Millen. Between those two they should focus on an American Rally team and win races.

As far as NASCAR in general, it's sort of become a joke, and it's not exactly a money machine like a lot of people think it is. In truth, you become a NASCAR bitch when you agree to run there series, follow the book or your in trouble. This is not Robby, he doesn't follow directions very well. He should bail and go where he can win in his last 5 years.
dont you think Robby knows whats best for Robby ? Seriously ?
Hi TOG,

Your probably right to a point.

I am sure he is looking at his last finishes in all forms and wondering WTF! At the same time he is looking at his bank accounts and watching the failed attempts cost him a bundle!

But sometimes you need a person outside the group to give you advice on what's going wrong.I am just posting my feelings, Robby will always do what he thinks is right.

I really hope he or they figure this out ASAP. Would love to see him on a 24Hr team, he would rock those guys better than running this driving billboard called NASCAR.

As a business owner, I am always open to critics. And many times I take there suggestions and make the changes.

I am not saying I am right, he may be, but anyone on the outside must be thinking very similar to me, you cannot have that many irons in the fire, and have the issues he's having, without taking some advice.

Look, he lost the Baja race, then took the truck to Glamis and I believe blew up the motor, ran Laughlin and failed, then back to Mexico and failed. You don't see anyone else taking there race vehicles to Glamis do you? Nope..... and then blame the losses on everyone else getting better. Really? Uh, I would be trying to figure out why this race truck always breaks?

Remember the comment from the other competitors at the start of DAKAR? I remember one saying, Robby had better not break his Hummer before the race starts, then he proceeded to jump the car not once, but twice? Any chance you saw any of the other people doing the same? Who finished????? The same guy that said that.

I have never worked for anyone that took there actual race car out to play, as it add's undo stress to a fully stressed vehicle and for Steve and Rodney Millen, it was always serious business. And until he starts winning again, he is burning cash fast!
He's a grown man. Pretty sure he is going to do whatever the hell he wants with his life. Good for him.
Oh relax...

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service