33 36 Tommy Baldwin Racing 249
34 13 Germain Racing 242
35 7 Robby Gordon Motorsports 214
--------------------------------------------------------
36 21 Wood Brothers Racing 204 -10
37 71 TRG Motorsports 202 -12
38 38 Front Row Motorsports 188 -26
39 37 Front Row Motorsports 140 -74

NOTE: 21 team will not race again until Indy. The 71, 38 & 37 must qualify on speed.

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Um, Does that mean Miles didn't come from racing? or is that like you know who?
@ WJM , say what ?? read between the lines and I kinda think you like Miles, again I think...........
I know that you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant....unless it is sung backwards leaving out every third vowel.
I know! Right!?
Alan, I have yet to slip one past you...
I'm quick like that.
Do I need a paddle for that boat, or is it a creek without a paddle ?
Paul is dead /
I'm not a Miles hater. I think he brings alot to the table, but the chemistry (or results) is just Not there. David finally won Saturday night and he is fellow teammate had this to say:

"I've seen David mature a lot and learn a lot," Kenseth said." He's had a couple different crew chiefs and car chiefs and crew and groups, and it's taken awhile until they found a good mix that worked really well with him. I don't know why it's like that, but you've got to get the right mix of people together. You've got to get all those people working right together and it seems like he's got that right now."

Drivers always talk about getting the right chemistry...car, crew chief , driver & people. We know Robby can drive. We know the Dodge motors are good (Kurt & Brad have been solid), I know the money isn't there (hence the limited schedule with Robby at the wheel). The car seems to struggle from the time they unload, during the race and doesn't get fast enough until Robby is clearly out of contention (Charlotte is a good example).

When Gene Nead, Richert, Sospenzo, Kerr, Lane and others were on the box they had ups & downs...but they all had some ups. With Miles there just seems to be struggles...with the car, setups, pit crew, etc. I listen and hear the scanner every race. The chemistry is NOT there. I'm not saying fire Miles or hating on the guy. I'm stating the FACTS. When Robby had a chance to win (running in the Top 5) at the end of the Daytona 500, Bones was on the box. The car was bad fast (even by itself). The car has been at two other plate races and not even close to the same car.

Indy & Watkins Glen is coming up...if Miles is calling the shots I don't expect much more than what we've seen all year.
I hate to say it, but he makes some valid points. People are all effective in different aspects and talents. Not everyone can be great at everything no matter how much time they are given.
or is it a car chief issue?Basic mechanics?Forgot the first thing of racing,don't beat yourself!?
A lot of little things that when totaled equal a half dozen bigger issues. Nothing "end of the world" or "the sky is falling" just stuff that's the byproduct of a team/business going through a big transition. The smart play is to not knee jerk react but to wait for the dust to settle so each issue can be clearly and concisely identified and a plan of action is developed and implemented that addresses the common connecting points of each area to be improved to raise the operational level as a single well-oiled machine.

And that's my Jack Welch moment of the day.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service