Front Row Motorsports

Front Row Motorsports

TRG Motorsports

Robby Gordon Motorsports

Front Row Motorsports

Latitude 43 Motorsports

NOTES:

RGM is +5 points ahead of 36th (2 track positions)

RGM is +174 points over 37th

RGM is -15 points behind the 71 (5 track positions)

RGM is -113 points behind 33rd & 32nd (38 track positions)

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its not so bad. When Robby runs his last ever cup race, he will retire as a driver who gave many great memories & won races. End of the day, its an entertainment event, not a damn biotechnical life-wiping out virus.
Howdy TOG,
Will SPEED FACTORY TV continue with Nascar stuff any time soon? Is it done ? Or maybe it will have to shift to all Score and BITD Offroad racing.
Any info from your side ?
JD
It's been my feeling all along that the COT is the issue. The big teams griped for the first two years about just how damned hard it was to find the microscopic little tiny spot where the cars would actually handle well. It was not just Kyle who bitched, it was Mark Martin too, until NASCAR made it clear that it would be in their best interests to shut up about it.

. Several years and millions of dollars later *some* of the larger teams are able to hit that sweet spot some of the time, but even with all their money and high-paid engineers, it's never a sure thing. And if the big teams still have a hard time finding a reasonable set-up, where does it leave the teams without all that money ?

A car that was more forgiving as far as set-up goes would make for better racing from every standpoint, but it seems that NASCAR is unwilling to budge in this area, and as a result, the general level of competition is not even close to what it could be. Even with good HP, it's fairly predictable who's going to be at the back, even with skilled drivers in the cars.

More flexibility in the gray areas is all well and good to talk about, but as long as the car itself remains inherently sensitive and edgy by nature, money, as applied to those gray areas, will still have an inordinate effect on the outcome.
I never at any point said it was TOG...
I too think it is quality of racing in Nascar. The quality has gone down since they applied too many controls and tried to manage competition. PARITY SUCKS! The main reason is big money. They thought parity will increase ratings and bring in new fans. The whining teams and manufactures didn't help. They kept complaining when one make made progress instead of going back to the drawing board and doing their homework. It is driving us fans away in droves. Did you see all the empty seats last night.

The COT has made it worse. They have taken innovation away from the teams and drivers. Like I said many times on planetrobby, Awesome Bill from Dawsonville would have been fined to smithereens if he found that edge today.

I keep sending messages to Nascar whenever I see the opportunity. We should all do it. I've tried tweeting Waltrip, @allwaltrip, and he will not respond. Nascar does have the best drivers but the sanctioning body is digging a big hole. I hope they do something about it soon. I am sure they know what is going on but do they have the balls to leave their ego at the door and fix it?
what a great time to start the Hall of Fame.... to keep us all thinking how "great" nascar is......
ghhmm..... hmmmm. (WAS)...
kind of like throwing a blanket over the problem for a while
really, a 5 time champ...........almost. Jimmy may be a good driver, but not the best.
(I know this isnt a JJ thread but reading all things got me thinking)

Anyways,

I hope they take a look at the whole TV and advertizing thing too. Its not real convincing for a sponsor to come into the sport unless they come into a team who is blowing Hendrick

In the end, Its tough for RGM and the small teams to compete......and the big teams.

Did you guys notice during the race the 88 was never mentioned. (at least the 75% of the race I saw)
Aero issues on the front of the car are nothing new and certainly was not introduced with the COT. Not even close. It's been an ongoing issue, especially at the 1.5 - 2.0 tracks since the mid-90s. It's certainly not any worse today than it was in the late 90s.
I personally think that RG should look into the new DTM/ Grand AM series in 2013.
That would be great! How about going overseas and running in the Aussie V8 Supercar series? I think RG needs to be in a series where hr can use his engineering and racing talents. Also, Jim Beam is a sponsor.
Great idea!
I wish the 7 was on their game :(
I don't see the 38 missing any races gilly/Blaney are pretty good

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service