Robby Gordon Motorsports announced Doug Richert as the crew chief of the #7 Camry for the remainder of the 2009 season. Richert, a NASCAR veteran with more 25 years of experience and 15 Cup wins, will assume the crew chief responsibilities starting at Martinsville this weekend. "Doug brings experience and knowledge to our team, which I hope will help elevate our Cup performance. He has spotted for us since early June, but we are happy to have Doug come on board as crew chief this weekend. He will fill this role for the final five races, and we will see where it goes from there," commented Robby Gordon. "I am really looking forward to this opportunity. Even though I have helped Robby and the #7 team as a spotter, I haven't been associated directly with a team since last May. This opportunity will allow me to be more hands-on in the decisions of the #7, which I hope will directly improve the team's performance. I am looking forward to the rest of the year and continuing to push forward," commented Doug Richert.(RGM)(10-20-2009)

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Hope you are right IU.
any word on who will be spotting this week?
not 100% sure, but I would think Johnny Kaiser , since he spotted some earlier this year.
here's my prediction....as soon as we hear DR say, "try backing up that corner a little bit more", two weeks after that, we'll be saying good bye to Doug.

seriously though, DR has seen RG at his best and worst and yet he's still hanging in...seems he must have that elusive thick skin trait you need when working as CC.
Welcome aboard Doug - hope you can make it happen for the team. Let's bring RG up in the points. Joan
Oh YEAH - Doug get Robby to do some commercials like you and Greg did for Subway - he needs all the revenue he can get and has a lot of sponsors who would love you and Robby on their TV ads.
this is the best news for robb in a long time........the last time biffle had a long run of sucess was with doug...good luck robb and stop being a chicken and race me at.... K-1.speed
My feeling again is if Doug could work with the Big E and win, he should be able to do the same with Robby as Robby has more seat time in more types of equipment then Big E ever had. What held Robby back is the horse and not the talent. Plus, his desire to win means that he will take extra risks where others will just points race.
we also didn't have the COT to deal with then. We had some awesome old style cars.
one thing to remember there are quite a few teams who done quite have a handle on this car.
If Doug dealt with Dale Sr, I'm sure Robby won't be THAT big a challenge. I see a lot of similarities there. But, damn, Doug was having so much fun up in that spotter's stand, or at least he sure sounded like he was.
" He will fill this role for the final five races, and we will see where it goes from there," commented Robby Gordon

looks like a five race trial....imo

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service