Robby Gordon Motorsports announced Doug Richert as the crew chief of the #7 Camry for the remainder of the 2009 season. Richert, a NASCAR veteran with more 25 years of experience and 15 Cup wins, will assume the crew chief responsibilities starting at Martinsville this weekend. "Doug brings experience and knowledge to our team, which I hope will help elevate our Cup performance. He has spotted for us since early June, but we are happy to have Doug come on board as crew chief this weekend. He will fill this role for the final five races, and we will see where it goes from there," commented Robby Gordon. "I am really looking forward to this opportunity. Even though I have helped Robby and the #7 team as a spotter, I haven't been associated directly with a team since last May. This opportunity will allow me to be more hands-on in the decisions of the #7, which I hope will directly improve the team's performance. I am looking forward to the rest of the year and continuing to push forward," commented Doug Richert.(RGM)(10-20-2009)

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The circle of life continues......and on and on and on!
Doug has to come in with as an authoritarian and not be a push over for this to work..................
It's about time...no offense to Kirk, but once Kirk made Robby aware of his 2010 plans they should have made the move. Get the chemistry going. Kirk did a fine job, just think Doug brings alot of experience and has great positive energy & thinking. Can't wait to listen this weekend.
What are Kirk's plans for 2010?
Now go hire Donnie Wingo, Brad Parrot, Chris Carrier or Larry Carter as your new spotter! LOL!
With Robby's record, couldn't hurt to have someone on deck. lol
Yeah, Brad Parrot sounds good....
.........no not even a joke......not a good c.c.
Actually, it's a FANTASTIC joke. Isn't Brad the person that RG had the confrontation with down in Mexico.....You would be hard pressed to find a better joke for who should be RGs next CC. And it's beyond awesome that we're already making jokes about who will be the next CC, when Dougy hasn't even had one race yet.
Once you go gray..... you always know what to say...........
I think that gives Brad the inside track. He has "confrontation experience" with Robby. When they start burning up the radio, he'd be a "seasoned veteran".lol
Great news! So now on NASCAR Performance we'll actually see a team affiliation when they refer to Doug! Bothered me that they only showed his name as if he did nothing on race day. Nothing against Kirk but we have to keep looking ahead!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service