Robby Gordon Motorsports announced Doug Richert as the crew chief of the #7 Camry for the remainder of the 2009 season. Richert, a NASCAR veteran with more 25 years of experience and 15 Cup wins, will assume the crew chief responsibilities starting at Martinsville this weekend. "Doug brings experience and knowledge to our team, which I hope will help elevate our Cup performance. He has spotted for us since early June, but we are happy to have Doug come on board as crew chief this weekend. He will fill this role for the final five races, and we will see where it goes from there," commented Robby Gordon. "I am really looking forward to this opportunity. Even though I have helped Robby and the #7 team as a spotter, I haven't been associated directly with a team since last May. This opportunity will allow me to be more hands-on in the decisions of the #7, which I hope will directly improve the team's performance. I am looking forward to the rest of the year and continuing to push forward," commented Doug Richert.(RGM)(10-20-2009)

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Learn to walk before you run.....
Dont think for a minute that RG isnt aware of what has been done to his car before the race starts.
Robby, Kurt and Kyle Busch are known for being wildcats on the radios during the race. Kurt gets away with it because he's a past Champion, Kyle gets away with it because he's winning aton of races, and Robby gets away with it cause he owns his team. Crew chiefs know this when they come aboard, I'm sure Doug knows what he's getting into and vice versa.
If only Robby had their acumen for understanding what the car really needs.
Actually I bet Robby understands perfectly what the car needs. If he could realistically jump out and do the repairs and adjustments himself (like he does in off-road) he'd be doing great. It's not that he doesn't know what the car needs, it's that he cannot communicate that effectively, and the crew cannot do the mind-reading thing that would be required to adjust things the way Robby wants.

The search for the "perfect" Crew Chief and pit crew are as much about Robby working with them as it is about them doing the job quickly and correctly. There's a window of opportunity now with so many teams cutting back. I hope RGM is capable of taking advantage, and filling in the team while talent is available.
+1
Actually I believe he doesn't. Just as a whole lot of other drivers like Dale Jr. do not.
I think its more than that. I get the feeling that a perfectly balanced RGM car is a 12-15 place car. There must be something else missing.
If that was true, wouldn't Robby be faster off the truck? Since he can be at the shop before the race and work on the car?

Clearly, in a low-pressure situation of that nature, all his expertise should accomplish his goals with ease.
I agree with that,Sometimes it is though the definition of terms such as "Loose In", "No forward Bite",etc,etc,etc,is different between Robby and any CC he has had.Time to get the blackboard out and go to school!!
Of course i planned to go to the Bears Game during Martinsville Weekend, lol.
I'm so glad this has finally happened.Now lets move on.
What's the over/under for how long Doug lasts...25 races? Doug is a decent guy, hopefully he makes the calls and let the driver drive the car. Wonder if he gets canned when the driver would be pulled.........?

The 7 car still has 1 shot left and that is Dega, this time run balls out all race and up front, if you wreck so be it but don't hang back since he never can make it to the front since nobody helps him.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service