Robby Gordon Motorsports announced Doug Richert as the crew chief of the #7 Camry for the remainder of the 2009 season. Richert, a NASCAR veteran with more 25 years of experience and 15 Cup wins, will assume the crew chief responsibilities starting at Martinsville this weekend. "Doug brings experience and knowledge to our team, which I hope will help elevate our Cup performance. He has spotted for us since early June, but we are happy to have Doug come on board as crew chief this weekend. He will fill this role for the final five races, and we will see where it goes from there," commented Robby Gordon. "I am really looking forward to this opportunity. Even though I have helped Robby and the #7 team as a spotter, I haven't been associated directly with a team since last May. This opportunity will allow me to be more hands-on in the decisions of the #7, which I hope will directly improve the team's performance. I am looking forward to the rest of the year and continuing to push forward," commented Doug Richert.(RGM)(10-20-2009)

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya all wanted it, now you got it.
Richert is one of several (mostly unemployed) CCs who have not come to grips with the COT.
He's wondered ever since leaving DEI.
Add a driver to the mix that has the same problem and you end up with more of the same.

A positive would be that Doug does have a "good ole boy" network... something Kirk hadn't been around long enough to develop. Maybe Frankie will share some set-ups... Garrett will love that! :P
The only crew chief that I could think of that is kicking around right now and that has a ton of COT experience is Pat Tryson from the 2 car who was just released. That said, lets hope that Robby's team has enough COT experience and good enough setup notes so all Doug needs to do is make sure that the Quality is there before they load the car. If Doug wants to talk with anyone, I would suspect it would be someone from POS's or Gibb's team as that information would translate to the Camry easier then from the other manufacturers and those two teams finishes are usually better the RGM's
Tryson wasn`t released- he quit the 2 to take over the /56 with Truex Jr next year.
Good move, gotta try something different!
SWEET!!!!!! Doug should be a great CC.
In regard to Robby's CC situation, Doug recently said something to the effect of "we're going to try to do it by committee". If that is in fact true, and Robby over-rides the calls from the box while in the cockpit, it'll be just another rotation of the wheel. I really hope Robby gives the race day reins over to Doug completely.

I'm hoping for a different outcome this time. Is that insanity?
Insane? I think Insanity is all stocked up for now. try again in about 5 weeks. :D

LOL JK!

I hope this works out. Doug seems like a great guy, but I am not sure if is ever positive outlook from the Spotter Stand whihc I thought was extremely helpful in that capacity will play well as a CC for our boy...as that just seems to irritate Robby even more...
You're giving away my fishing secrets! LOL!
I think that was when Kirk was out unexpectedly rather than a policy statement.
Experience is experience, regardless of the car. He's overridden Kirk plenty of times, or given suggestions, that have in turn helped the car.

The CC story at RGM is a revolving door. The last few races will help get a footing for next year.
DR is a respected CC in the garage area. Kirk did a great job for RGM and will be missed. Hopefully going forward the rest of the season Doug will make the decisions to get RG running in the top15.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service