I would love to go see Robby race off road, but would like to know if anyone has gone to see him and if so what race would be the best first race to go to see? and what did you like about it the most ?

I live in New Jersey, so I know he will never be doing any racing here, but I am willing to go to California, or what ever race would be the best one !!! for my first race.

Thank you all for your time and consideration

Diane

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

u gonna be at laughlin?
Hey Diane,

Here is SCORE's website they put on the race. http://www.score-international.com/ Also, here is Laughlin's Chamber of commerce http://www.laughlinchamber.com/ If you need anymore help please feel free to ask. I'm always down to help another person find out about the greatest sport in the world. You can also email me directly at Bryan@BryanBruner.com if you have anymore questions. Have fun and good luck!
Bill that is what I try to explain to people. Look at Erendira, Million dollar view and its free to go sit, camp and watch a race. But like you me and Soylet Green know you must go with someone with Baja experience first before tackling Baja on your own.

A few years back I was working on putting a Baja race trip package together for a bunch of RobbyNews Robby fans and then the whole Andy McMillin and other crap went down that year. I stopped putting the trip together as I did not feel it was a good timing to be responsible and be bringing 10 Baja newbee's down to Baja for contingency and the race.

Maybe next year I can think about doing this again.
What was "the Andy Mcmillan crap?"
Their was a possible kidnapping attempt against Andy, and then some of his crew (Hall family) was hauling one of the McMillin trailer back and was pulled over and kidnapped/hijacked. The whole family was in the truck when the truck and trailer was hijacked. Very fortunately the Hall family was taken up into the hills at night and then released unharmed. Most of the time these Hijakers were known to kill their victims. The Hall's and McMillins have yet to go back to Mexico. I have heard their is a good chance they might race this years Baja 1000. Baja has tremendously stepped up their security during the races. And once you clear Ensenada the crime issues decrease a lot. The same race this happened, two or three other race teams reported trying to be pulled over.

So now you see why I was a bit concerned to be the tour guide for a dozen or so Robby fans that would be Baja newbee's. Especially since everyone wants to see contingency and it would be very hard to keep an eye on these people in crowds of thousands.

But like I said a lot of the problems that arose a few years ago have seemed to die down and the Mexican Military has stepped up and their presents and is seen all threw the towns.
Nice videos.
Great place for the 500, for the 1000 not so good because its dark when everyone goes through. It is kind of creepy watching the TTs lights at night miles in the distance dancing away as they approach. Kind of reminds you of what a flying saucer might look like.

On the second video, it doesn't do justice how freaky the part is at around 1:40. Without any warning, there is a 90 degree at a frickin eroded cliff, then you parallel the drop off for a mile or two.

My son and I do a father/son long weekend every August in that area, but missed it this year :( Hopefully in October

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service