No Peru. No Chile. Is this now going to be a Bolivia/Argentina loop race?

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blaming El Niño. I am all about adding weather into he mix the make racing exciting. Not too many dunes in Peru, so back to dune country.

Does the change in route play to the Gordini's strengths or create more of a challenge? Any word on Gordini 2 driver?

I would safely say ... if the new route consists mainly of Kansas-like agricultural farm roads ... (ie: the last stage a year ago that Robby won) ... then Dakar needs to move back to Africa.

ASO and what Army?

IMO, it levels the playing field a bit. The 'prospective' course map makers of the other major teams have wasted their time.If it comes to adapting to new,unknown, changing course, my beer bet is on Robby ;-)

Chicken feed Mike ... about the same amount of time as King Off-Road Shocks wasted ... fine-tuning the Gordo for Dakar earlier this month ... although I can't provide visual aerial photographic evidence ... of such an event ever happening ... stay tuned!

Say what?

Watching the Coverage of the Dakar, the scenery is a great Dynamic to the whole experience. Seeing what they raced in and where is a big part of the whole ordeal. No Peru is ..well, no Peru. Things are what they are you know.

Due to forecasts concerning the El Nino weather phenomenon, which is expected to be extremely violent this year, the Peruvian government has decided to make this issue a national priority by ensuring that all state services are able to mobilize if necessary to help the population that could be affected.
While hoping that the people of Peru will not have to face these predicted disasters, the entire Dakar organizing team is already hard at work to create an alternative route with optimal sporting and safety conditions both in Argentina and Bolivia.Ok so I have some questions. Lets go with "El Nino" .... whats that do for the rest of the Rally. This could be a wild ride for teams not set up for this weather. Forward thinking ....

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service