No full-season RGM next year, or just no full-season Robby ?

Jayski had an artical today about the possiblity of short fields next year, citing both  issues at Petty, and Robby's quote about not wanting to run all the races as evidence that there may indeed be short fields in some of the 2011 races.

So I had to wonder if this means that when Robby does not run, no cars from RGM will run, as the article implied, or if there is a solid commitment in place ( via the continued presence of  Conroy and the Extenze money ? )  for the company to attempt all the races next year, even if Robby is not the driver.

My guess is that the writer may not have understood the drift of Robby's comments, but it did leave me wondering how firm the situation for next year might be at this point in time.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear that there may be no plans for the team to run Pocono or Martinsville, even if it's only tentative at the moment.

As some of the others may feel, the conceptual difference between a team that is committed, by hook or by crook, to run the full season, with apparent aspirations ( reasonable or not) to be a contender within the series itself, and one that can just take it or leave it....to see the team get to where it has finally resigned itself to making that kind of transition will feel like an awfully sad thing to me.

As we also know, anything can happen. Perhaps another situation like the one with Conroy will come along and things won't get to that. While I support Robby doing whatever he wants, and will always cheer for him, add me to the camp that hopes that it won't.
The one thing about nascar is you either have to be in or out.There is no middle ground,the Wood Bros are showing that.Kevin Conway,even with funding won't be the answer.Love that Robby is involved in the different venues in motorsports,keeps him interesting.But nascar can't be a hobby,to many things happen to fast to just dabble in it.
I think you are right about the Woods. I'm always excited in a warm and fuzzy way to see them in the mix when they show up, and I don't think there is a soul on earth who doesn't hope they will do well. And damned if they don't do well sometimes.

But I have to admit that there's a big element of nostalgia to the thing, and I guess I am just not quite ready to think of Robby and his time behind the wheel in those terms.

Then again, I've heard rumblings that the Woods may try and run the whole season next year, so it just goes to show that nothing's ever certain.
Robby said after he finished 18th at Talladega that he was confident he would be locked in the 1st 5 races next year and would race them. After those races he said he was going to have some fun. This means that the #7 car will only be on the track 10-15 races. I also assume by "fun" he means the entire SCORE series, Crandon, Indy 500, and Monster Truck Racing. In several Speed Factory episodes he says he cant allow the Monster Truck to be started before the work day ends because all the workers come over and watch/ want to mess with it. I would say these are the "fun" events he is talking about. I am sure if someone hands him a $10 million dollar check that will change, but the odds of that happening in this day and age are slim to none. Robby's NASCAR days are limited by his own choosing. He already sold the team once to Gillette Everham before they balked and settled. Robby's passion is off road, with an undieing urge to win the Indy 500, and competetive edge to try Monster trucks. This is just my opinion, but after the first 5 races, look to see the #7 only in races that Robby has a chance of winning, and a whole lot of Whoop A$$ in other racing series.
I love the monster truck as a marketing tool, but a competitive edge? It's like figure skating vs. hockey. The other arenas I am excited about, but monster trucks have never and will never be broadcast live.
nobody has said that the #7 is not racing all year just that robby is not.Lets all see what happend 2 weeks ago everybody was saying the sky was falling and look waht happen, Robby pulled an other rabbit out of the hat!
Robby should hire Jacques Villeneuve he's lookin to go Nascar.Pretty much has won everything he's been in....Canada Loves Robby!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service