No full-season RGM next year, or just no full-season Robby ?

Jayski had an artical today about the possiblity of short fields next year, citing both  issues at Petty, and Robby's quote about not wanting to run all the races as evidence that there may indeed be short fields in some of the 2011 races.

So I had to wonder if this means that when Robby does not run, no cars from RGM will run, as the article implied, or if there is a solid commitment in place ( via the continued presence of  Conroy and the Extenze money ? )  for the company to attempt all the races next year, even if Robby is not the driver.

My guess is that the writer may not have understood the drift of Robby's comments, but it did leave me wondering how firm the situation for next year might be at this point in time.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

junior will be in 35th in points, so someone will need to take his top 20 in points
especially when Robby has the 7 in a chase spot.
The possiblity of a shorter field is not likely anytime soon, even if the Petty teams and RGM shuts down they'll be plenty of smaller teams to take their places.

btw if Robby only runs the road courses that's all I care about.

looking forward towards the Indy 500 next year too.
Exactly! There will never be less the 43 starters in CUP. The money for 43rd place at most Cup races is better then then win in Nationwide or Trucks. Teams will build S&P cars like they are doing now to grab that 43rd place money.

Example; 43rd at Talladaga Cup S&P $70,400 / Truck win at Talladega $66,000 / Nationwide win last week at Gateway $34,000 The week before at CMS NW 1st place got $57.400 / CUP 43rd place S&P at CMS got $63,000.

Why do you think teams like Tommy Baldwin and Joe Nemacheck continue to field CUP cars and not drop down to NW or Truck where they might have a better chance? Their is less money.

IMO RGM will field a car all year in 2011. NASCAR brings allot of recognition to Robby and his other forms of racing. It is a good platform for sponsors. Robby has always said owning a NASCAR team was his dream and goal. He compared what he is doing to the likes of Childress and Hendrick. Plus he still has the shop and employees at RGM in Charlotte to keep busy. If he cuts back to a part time Cup team he will have to cut back his staff and some will go else where. Even with the Score, Dakar, Monster truck and possibly Indy. These guys are NASCAR guys and the money to go somewhere else will lure them away from RGM. Yes some of the guys will cross over to the other programs at RGM. But I would expect to see many leave to go to other NASCAR teams where they are working full time in NASCAR. Then RGM's Cup effort will suffer big time and be worst then it has been this year.
+1000000
We can only hope Zoom. As long as he attempts the double, and is successful at Dakar I'll be happy.
Heck, with KC around, why couldn't they have him and Extenze run the races Robby doesn't plan on and keep the car running all year?
That's what I assumed would happen.
As much as I would love to see Robby and the #7 in every cup race next year I think that what the team should do in my opinion is run the first 5 races and see how they are running and how competitive they are and how the Speed Energy Drink sales are. If everything is going really well then maybe let Conway or another driver run the 7 while Robby is out doing the other cool things. If things are the same as this year then I think it may be best to run the 7 only in the races that Robby runs so they can spend more time getting the car ready and even test that car so it will be faster and more competitive. I am sure whatever decision Robby makes it will be the best.
Robs gonna do what makes the best sense business wise. Perfect scenario would be RG runs his races then let's another driver who has funding such as idk (ExtenZe) run the rest. If that's not possible then we will see a limited #7. I would not sleep on RG having two cars at Daytona if KC stays on board. Qualifying 2 cars for Daytona would be big and certainly what I'd do
Yeah that would be awesome and could effect the seasons plans if he could get 2 cars in the 500 or maybe even the first 5 races.
Orrrrrr, KC in the 07 next yr,& RG in the 7. KC attempts all seas,& RG cherry picks events... Hey, I think I heard Scott SPEED is free next season & has a lil experience in the energy drink arena.....somebody run with it...I think we'll find out how it all plays out in Feb...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service