New crew chief for Robby in 2010?: hearing that Robby Gordon's current crew chief, Kirk Almquist, will leave the team at the end of the 2009 season, supposedly to retire and head back to California.(9-19-2009)
*********************************************************************************************************************
Just wanted to say that I didnt mean to cause a major ruckus here today, I just saw the posts on Jayski early this morning and thought some of you would like to see them. I totally support RG and RGM, and wish nothing but the best for them. I have been following RG since he started Indy Cars and I dont want to stop anytime soon. Peace Out!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crew chiefs come and go, sponsors come and go. Never thought Goodwrench or STP would leave the sport either but it's a sign of changing times. Personally, it may be a good thing if we do lose JB. Maybe for a healthier sponsor cause the stuff is darn near killing me. My husband keeps a running tally of how many sets of tires I've personally paid for, not realizing it only provides more motivation for cracking open another bottle. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't do everything in my power to support my favorite driver?

It's not a done deal so can't hurt to write the good folks and let them know what their support means to us. There's a contact form on their web site. If they're still on the fence about sponsorship, hearing from as many of us as possible will help. Not sure I buy the focusing on Kid Rock story though. They've supported Montgomery Gentry for years and hasn't been a conflict. I'm sure the economics are different but sounds more like they're grasping for an excuse.

New sponsorship can be a good thing too. Polaris is a great match. I can trade my Honda VTX in for a Victory! Bet then hubby wouldn't gripe about the price of a bottle of Beam.
Pat Tryson signed on as creiw chief for Martin Truex next year on MWR. I think we are fine Doug will step up and be the man!
I think JB is gone. What reason is there for them to stay when Jack Daniels is leaving the 07 car also?
Where did the JB leaving thread go? It is very strange to think both JB and JD both came into the sport at the same time and now both are leaving the sport at the same time.
Crown Royal still around? I know they were first in...
JB has been a very good sponsor would hate to lose them.
Yes they have. and I have become a fan of their product. Not so much JB black, but regular JB. They appeared to be very loyal and in return I have been as well.
Did anybody notice that jack daniels is pulling out after this year also from the 07 car?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service