New crew chief for Robby in 2010?: hearing that Robby Gordon's current crew chief, Kirk Almquist, will leave the team at the end of the 2009 season, supposedly to retire and head back to California.(9-19-2009)
*********************************************************************************************************************
Just wanted to say that I didnt mean to cause a major ruckus here today, I just saw the posts on Jayski early this morning and thought some of you would like to see them. I totally support RG and RGM, and wish nothing but the best for them. I have been following RG since he started Indy Cars and I dont want to stop anytime soon. Peace Out!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People get your panties out of a wad geez .I love you fellow Robby fans but you guys think its the end of the work when a cc leaves or a sponsor leaves wtf ??? Have you guys not realized that Robby Gordon is like a cat,he WILL ALWAYS land on his feet. Ya'll just need to chill and enjoy the reat of the season and rest assured that RGM will be rolling into Daytona in Feb 2010 loaded for bear.
If RG wants what is best for the driver he would find a ride for 2010 in someone elses car, If he wants whats best for RGM's nascar program, he would hire a CC who has worked on the COT, but mr. rg has to do is whats best for all of RGM that seems to have been missed here so far. Kirk has done a great job, if he was quiting he'd be gone already, the new cars are fast, shut up and watch the next ten races.
As for zoom, anyone who has spent 10min on the racechat here on sundays knows only totaly foolish things are deleted from this site, I would'ent be so willing telling anyone if it happened to someting I wrote. IMHO
This is exactly why I'm a RG fan! He creates all this passion in people whether good or bad. It makes for such great entertainment!! Well, plus he drives it like he stole it..... yes thats right those two reasons. One more thing... RG has had a great education in the ways of racing and the business side of racing. Infact I would say no other driver has the education diversity that RG has. Based on him racing in many different forms and world wide. He has driven for some hall of fame owners.... just saying...

p.s.....you all keep at it!
Maybe kirk can call the rest of the races with a little less pressure on him and that might make for some long over due good results and no doubt great radio conversation between him and RG !
The whole team need to look better from now untill November if the Jim Beam thing is correct. I can imagine they are all a bit concerned and expect some top 15 runs and if that happens then the question will have to be asked as to why they have only just started to compete.
That # 7 car will be strong today.
I would agree unless I had to have some spectacular finishes in these last 10, trying to close a renewal with my current sponsors (despite rumours to the contrary) or lure a new one.
If Beam is leaving, then I guess I will need to find another brand of Bourbon to sip on! It was great while it lasted.
how old is Kirk?
Offspring makes a good point. We have had the COT for what 3 years now and besides the changes that the multi car teams have made over the years based on what they have found out racing [Coil Binding; crabbing; etc.], we are faced with many crew chiefs' theories as to how to set the car up for Robby's racing style and what setups worked and didn't on 20 different tracks. Plus there is the matter of the cars themselves. Building you own as we have seen can produce some competitive cars but most of the time, they just don't run in the top 10.

I think that given enough time Robby and RGM could work their way into the Chase and I always like an underdog.
There are lots of professional people that honor their commitments and stay in jobs that aren't working out until the term is complete. That is how you get other people to hire you in the future.

I am a huge Robby fan, but after listening to the team radio over the past few seasons, I wouldn't want to be his crew chief. He constantly overrules them, (the first Talladega race this season was the worst I have heard). Robby needs to figure out that he isn't a rocket surgeon, he is a very talented driver that is ranked about 3000th on the skill list of being able to strategize during NASCAR races. Even if he were a good strategist, he just doesn't have enough information about the state of the race while sitting in the car.

This Doug guy that is spotting may have the right personality, he certainly has plenty of advice for Kirk and Robby during the races. I have heard Kirk sound pretty annoyed at times by that as well.
Robby makes the call as to what he wants... Having a legit CC on the spotter stand helps make the stratagy with clear eyes as to what is around RG on he track. Trying to CC and and call the race is a task best split. One has to do with the car, the other has to do with the competitors.
Doug is a great spotter and I'd love to see what he could do as CC for Robby!
What Nena says.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service