New crew chief for Robby in 2010?: hearing that Robby Gordon's current crew chief, Kirk Almquist, will leave the team at the end of the 2009 season, supposedly to retire and head back to California.(9-19-2009)
*********************************************************************************************************************
Just wanted to say that I didnt mean to cause a major ruckus here today, I just saw the posts on Jayski early this morning and thought some of you would like to see them. I totally support RG and RGM, and wish nothing but the best for them. I have been following RG since he started Indy Cars and I dont want to stop anytime soon. Peace Out!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, there's another 10 races to finish this year first...
Which I am going to choose to enjoy. Have a great time tomorrow at Loudon.
I believe this is more info that's been around, but was deleted. "I have been hearing Kirk would stay with the team and Doug would take over crew chief duties." Spotted Cow blasted me and deleted the post.

...but word has been around the garage about Kirk & Jim Beam for a few weeks now.

There's alot of good people to choose from right now...Doug, Brad Parrott, Donnie Wingo...and others. RGM will be fine.

TOG does a great job of keeping a great fan site, but he has to keep his relationship with RGM in mind. Don't expect anything but official announcements & paint scheme previews here. Jayski can run the rumors. I respect TOG for that, even if I dislike the fact some of us have news RGM hasn't released.

I still think RGM might run better the rest of the year...they have to now!
Just saying there's more good crew chiefs available today than normal. Nearly 3 teams in the Top 35 will be dissolved...lots of crew members, engineers, crew chiefs & more to choose from.
I have heard at least 20 different rumors this year that never came true in regards to Robby, posted other places,and quite frankly it's nice that all of them dont get legs here.
Zoom-You said Kirk was going to be out as crew chief the following race, and that was total rubbish. Thats why it got deleted(over a month ago ) Speculative posts about something that may or may not happen can be given to any subject at any time.BIG Difference between what somebody WANTS to happen vs something that is going to happen.

I am hearing that Robby Gordon will retire..........in 2020..........
NOOOOO! I didn't say the next race....I said I was hearing Doug would take over crew chief duties and Kirk would remain with the team (I had no idea when). Word started circulating about 2 weeks before Richmond that Beam wouldn't return. Jayski posted it on Sept 9th under his 2010 Team Chart.

Cow- You blasted me in a personal email, and even said Kirk was appauled at the comment. But, like I responded to you...it came from inside RGM...perhaps he should ask them! Kirk even said himself over the radio, "I can't call a race worth a S***!"

Kirk does a good job of having cars ready, but his strategy calls have not been great...it came apart at Infenion and he hasn't been able to get it back since. I personally like Kirk and think he adds alot of value at the shop & preperations. Race calls have been questionable.

During Infenion, every fan on here and Larry McReynolds on TV thought staying out was plain dumb! There was plenty of time to save fuel and tons of yellows. "Worst call of the year" in my opinion. I think Kirk has value and wish he wasn't leaving, just felt he was better at the shop than on top of the pit box.

I DO think Doug would be an upgrade. If Kirk is leaving, why not make the move now and give Doug a chance to turn things around and build momentum for 2010....
...and the saga continues. Changing CC's every year does not make for good team chemistry. 2010 shall be interesting.
But it is better than changing CC every couple months. There is enough lead time here, everything will work out.
and if it is Doug, at least he as been with the team for awhile
by interesting you mean a 35th points finish and a new crew chief halfway through the season?
Ok, so JB is leaving Nascar to back Kid Rock and Kirk is heading back to California. The first thought is Oh My God, the sky is falling! When you take a step back and think with rational thoughts you realize that Doug his spotter is in fact a damned fine CC and Robby is very good at securing sponsors. Don't panic, kids, things will work out!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service