Nationwide Series going to Road America: Despite the demise of the Milwaukee Mile, NASCAR still plans to come to Wisconsin in 2010. Elkhart Lake's Road America -- arguably the best road course in the country -- will host the Nationwide Series on June 19, the date that had been held for the Mile. That will make for a road-racing doubleheader weekend for NASCAR, with the Sprint Cup Series in Sonoma, Calif. Stock cars aren't entirely new to RA. Tim Flock won in NASCAR's premier division in its only appearance in 1956. Lower divisions have competed at the track, including the defunct NASCAR Midwest Series in 2001, a race won by current Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series driver Paul Menard.(Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)(12-21-2009)

http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm#news

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If Robby tries to run the RA race, does it mean that he will need to build a Nationwide COT or are they going to be running the Nationwide Jelly Bean?
Nationwide COT races dont begin until July of 2010, and there will only be a handful of them.
sweet, my backyard, would be great to see him here
Robby does have some track time at Road America A few I know about:

1992: CART Qualified 11th Finished 18th Fell out after 45 laps Engine.
1993: CART Qualified 8th Finished 20th Overheating (camel grass?)
1994: CART Qualified 5th Finished 25 Ran 16 laps out due to gearbox
1995: CART Qualified 16th Finished 26th Ran 17 laps and fell out due to transmission problems
1996: CART Qualified 15th Finished 17th Ran 41 laps fell out due to electrical problems
1998: CART Qualified 23rd Finished 12th on lead lap
1999: CART Qualified 23rd Finished 8th on lead lap
More Road America track time

1990: IMSA GT Qualified? Finished: 4 in the Whistler Radar Mercury Cougar XR-7
1991: IMSA GT Qualified? Finished 3rd in the Roush Racing Ford Mustang
Another road course race is just fine with me .
Awesome
Sweet. Too bad the Cup Series cant add another roadie and eliminate one of the second trips to the cookie cutters.
I hope that they do not even think of using the chicane. The same crap came up after the bad accidents this year at the SCCA runoffs. The chicane would cause many more accidents than it would prevent,it is for motorcycles and driver instruction and is only 1 lane wide. I do hope they look at the overall safety at the track and take a very good look at the lack of tirewalls impact zones.
I figured this is why the June Sprints was moved back a week. I also hope Robby can find a way to do both. The race will be on Saturday with an SCCA Trans Am race on Sunday.

matt
So far, it's been said by RA that they will use 'full course', in any weather conditions.
This will be real cool addition to the weekend and get some exposure to the Trans-Am series that is in the second year of it's return.

The SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series will join the NASCAR Nationwide Series for its recently announced event at Road America, June 18 - 20. "This is a fantastic opportunity for the SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series," SCCA Pro Racing President and CEO Robert Wildberger said. "NASCAR puts on a spectacular show and brings with it a strong and dedicated fan base. The thunderous racing that is Trans-Am will fit in well with the Nationwide Series. I anticipate our Trans-Am fans will witness some great racing over the weekend." The Trans-Am Series is tentatively scheduled to practice on Friday, qualify before Saturday's Nationwide race and close out the weekend by headlining Sunday's events.
Moot point since Alli is in ARCA. You don't even know yet if Danica will be entered in this event.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service