Many have suggested RGM scale back to a Nationwide team instead of Cup team. That doesn't work. It doesn't make financial sense at all. You get paid almost 10 times more finishing last in a Cup race than finishing Top 10 in the Nationwide Series. The exposure is almost 10 times more also.

The Nationwide Series will get a kick of star power in 2012 with Danica Patrick & Travis Pastrana joining, but will face a S&P wave if additional funds or assistance for under funded teams aren't found.

The Nationwide Series does offer a few events that could appeal to RGM:

1. Indianapolis - This could be a huge draw for several Cup regulars to be the first to compete at the historic track in the Nationwide Series. RGM loves Indy, would be suprised if RGM & Menards (or maybe MAPEI) give it a run.

2. Watkins Glen - It makes it easy on one hand being a Cup race that weekend, making it easy for RG to pull double-duty. However, on the other hand, be hard to risk your road car at Watkins Glen if you plan to race Montreal the next weekend. RG wouldn't be racing for points, so he would need 2 good cars to even think about attempting both races.

3. Motreal - Pretty much RG's race to win...again...if he can avoid trouble or have enough fuel. Pretty much count on RGM being here until he wins it. If they ever get 2 solid Nationwide race cars built, perhaps he would run Watkins Glen & Montreal. Until then if has to pick one...Montreal will get the nod.

These are all "possibilities" of seeing RGM in the Nationwide Series, but as far as his race team goes...RGM is a SPRINT CUP TEAM, not a Nationwide team.

Sadler is running full time in top tier equipment...winless. He doesn't have Cup teams beating his door down to come back.

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, I agree
On Sirius 128 they are also talking about the likleyhood of NA$CAR running the trucks once or twice next year on road courses. They speculated The Glen and Infineon (and those guys always seem to have inside info). Given Robby's in-your-face driving style, his affection for road courses, and his natural inclination to "trucks" (albiet off-road), I'd LOVE to watch him bump and rub a NA$CAR truck to Victory Lane! Let's see what happens when the truck schedule is finally set and announced....
The first truck race I watched was a road course (Heartland Park) Trucks sometimes are the best show of the weekend, and they are great on a road course.
add Road America, too.
Road America is on the same weekend with Sonoma.
I'd rather he race at RA. Coil-bind suits Robby better than bump stops.
you know what, I say fuck it, just do the nationwide series for one season. Even if it ruins his team I'd much rather see him run up front in NW than run 30 laps every cup race only to park it. It's no fun being a Robby fan these days. Seems like everybody here cares more about his financial situation than anything else.

I say sell the crappy cup team, gather up all the resources and have a run at the NW championship. for fucks sake, racing is about being competitive and winning, did we all forget that?
Hey D - Man............your kidding...right. Since you or probably no one else here know's RG's financial situation or runnig his business my guess is just like my dad used to tell me when I knew more than he "son you talk like a guy with a paper A - Hole".
These threads crack me up.

The only concern is getting through Talladega ATM....
Well then, how about this: the professional snowmobile racing season is starting soon.....
Robby has a relationship with Polaris.Easy deal.He would miss the meat of the season being in SA for DAKAR.
Robby might suffer climate shock.
Sorry TOG, with the release of the new Nationwide schedule it was meant to diffuse any "Robby needs to race full time in Nationwide" rants. I expect the Montreal race to stay on his radar & Indy could raise some interest. I agree & so pumped RG is running Dega this weekend. 

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service