Sounds like Nasser took a liking to the Hummers. Vehicle features listed are pretty much same charactoristics that make the Hummers unique. Can't wait to see the reliability of his own brand new vehicles are :)

http://www.dakarrallyraid.com/more-dakar-action-for-al-attiyah/

Credit RDC

Views: 3870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isnt he a past winner? lol

Im pretty sure he understands that some of the things that break are due to his driving style. Robby was and still is the same way sometimes. I used to work with a guy by the name of Mike Smith (Terrible Herbst) who used to build some stuff for Robby back in the day, and he said that Robby broke shit that never broke before and you just had to make it bigger and better.

There are great similarities between NASSER and RG in driving styles. Will be interesting when he debugs his Buggy .Carlos Sainz who is a very different style of driver provides a balance..

He must be building it to SCORE regulations. Does this mean he is going to run a SCORE race before:

4) GROUP OP: “OPEN”
(see details in the technical Regulations appendix of the current Regulations.)
The Organising Committee reserves the right to refuse any crew in this group.
Group OP.1: All vehicles conforming to Score Regulations.
A vehicle complying with the "Score" Regulations may be accepted, on condition that the competitor
provides evidence that his vehicle is recognised by the "Score International" Organisation. The
vehicle must bear a safety inspection seal according to article GT2 of the Regulations governed by
this Organisation.

Can you get the seal outside of an event?

Sure. He will just fly a SCORE inspector and his Wife over to his country to do the inspection. Then give them a full weeks vacation while they are over there.

the Buggy's are being built in SoCal and the 1k is not really that fair away time wish.No need to leave N.America

Oh well. I was thinking a Qatar vacation would be interesting too.

Hope he doesn't forget to pack a tow strap.

I'm not knocking the guy but this doesn't exactly breed alot of confidence

excerpt from damen jefferies interview from desertrides .com

Who showed you the ropes in racing and fabricating?

We have taught ourselves a lot along the way as far as racing goes. As far as fabrication, we still aren't very good at that. What I can do I would have to say I learned from watching Danny or Bill at Porter's do stuff. I would say that our field is more directed at prep work and getting the cars working well.

The interview shown on that link is from around 1996 when Jefferies main sponsor was Rob Herman and I recall Damen had a good run as a driver during that time. Damen and his brother Casey have come a long way since then and I've always liked their built race trucks. Nice guys too. I was fortunate to have met them through a friend and helped out at a few races when he was racing class ten. It's good to see them doing well.

jefferiesracing.com

*Interview might be later in the 1990s.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service