Robby has always said trucks belong on the dirt any chance Robby will jump in a truck for this race? I think this would be a great place to put SST on the side of a NASCAR vehicle to help promote the SST Series.

Views: 2546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Da Bears are doin great this season too. Now if we could only get those Blackhawks back on the ice where they belong...

hope so, but there both nuts ($$$) wait and see...

Atta boy Mike! Spoken from a true Chicago guy like myself! If it wer'ent for Nascar, i wouldnt have had the opportunities and training I have recieved over the years. How many guys can say they were a driving instructor in many differnt types of race cars including off road trucks? Plus all the manufacture test drives and new vehicle product launches, thrashing around in all the latest new hot roda on the market. Also, thanks for Nascar, I was able to give high speed rides at California speedway, with guys like Jimmy Johnson right along my left side going into turn one ect. Plus, I have been on track in Vegas with Rusty Wallace, Kurt Busch, Clint Boyer and a few others. Plus a born and bred die hard Bears fan. as long as we can keep a front line lin front of Cutler, we are unstoppable!
As a kid, living in Vegas from Chicago in the late 70's, there was but one or maybe two Nascar races broadcast per year out here. So, all we had was Indy car, Road Racing from all the famous courses in the US., and lastly Off Road racing. I never heard of desert racing, as a kid coming from the asphalt jungle of Chicago until we arrived in Vegas. From the very first time I was taken a desert race I fell in love with the sport. My uncle was working a pit for the infamous "Checkers" pit system. So, I was introduced to the desert stuff from the inside out. Off Road racing to me was like Nascar, Indycar,met with Off Roading...I was hooked! I studied and studied the sceince of the sport and learned as much as I could like a sponge, for one day I was going to race,or build, or be the best dam crewchief out there. I too am a motorhead myself! Heck I would race a scooter if I could! Nice job again Mike!

Ya, we definitely drank the same water somewhere along the line. If it's got a motor & a hairy cam, I turn into Pegleg Pete. Man, you made me really miss those ride & drives from when I was selling Chevys. I sold the 1st C6 we had, so they sent me to the Milwaukee Mile for "training". Ha, ya, ok....more like get me outta classroom, & off to doing what I was born for...straight hoonage. Half a lap on the roadcourse, in the Z51,& the ALMS Vette guy says "ok I'm gonna shut up now, & let you do your thing". I got a "not bad" with an approving smirk when I was done. I've made a lot of cars,& tires scream. But, thats the highlight of my time behind a wheel....so far. Who was it, IDK, didn't care, just wanted to keep the adreniline going, so off to the next one I went.

@Mike/WC77- thanks, refreshing! Funny thing is I loved the Speed Energy,but hated The Home Depot. My wife loves the Lowe's Chevy. Seeing the Miller Light Dodge w/ Brad take it all was awesome! My point, they have to cater to the hand that feeds, but to say they don't care about fans? I listen to Sirius daily and here the fans talk about how they don't want as many commercials. They come up with the split screen.Fans want more access, they open the drivers meeting at (I think) Vegas! It's a commercially driven sport! Baseballs on it's way, soccer has vendors on there shirts! Go to a signing at a field for any sport and seek an autograph!! I saw Mike Piazza sign a card for a star struck 7yo, then fold and crease it and say "now it's worthless"! I saw this!! Are they all like this, no, but Tony Stewart was backing up and my wife stood like a school girl in awe and he stepped on her foot (she was in the way), he turned and smile and said "sorry ma'am"...well I loved it, but my wife was mortified the she was called ma'am!! Thanks for letting me rant. I'm on to Duck Dynasty w/ Clint Boyer! I'm a red neck at heart... then watch Moonshiners, a good day!

Awesome Dave, I've often taken a ribbing from my stick & ball fan friends. My general response is something to the effect of "Ya, you ever get Urlacher to sign that jersey of yours? No, how many games you been to?" "Ya, cuz see not only have I stopped asking RG to sign things, but I've spent hours around the guy. He even made drinks for a bunch of us, & gave a friend of mine a signed 5th of Red Stag for his campsite hospitality, back in the Beam days...cuz we're fans." "Find me a stick n ball guy who'll do that, & I'll be a fan of theirs too."
As for the politics of nascar, sure they cater to cash. Be it from fans, or sponsors. The biggest bitch I have about the deal is all the exclusivity clauses. For every "exclusive product of nascar", there's usually half a dozen direct competitors completely shut out of the sport. Use the wireless carrier thing for example. Sprint's contract is so dominating, RG couldn't have Motorola on the side of the car, because they supply other carriers, as well as Sprint. Hell, I 've had at least 2(maybe as many as 5) Sprint/Moto phones since then. Moonshiners? Great show, & if you're curious, look for Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon, at a Liquor store near you. It's frickin phenomonal with SPEED Ethanol...great with the others too.

Hey Mike, I have Junior's shine in my bar at home. I got it when we were taking my daughter back to school in Charlotte. I've only done it as a shot and it will put a hair or two on your chest!! BTY, Boyer won the race on Duck Dynasty, but it may have been sanctioned by NASCAR, so...hahaha, just funnin y'all!

@Mike, it was always fun to have a student get into the car that had natural talent. I was "that " instructor, who after identifying a potential good driver would let them have fun within reason. If you ever heard this line, we might have crossed paths. My line to potentially good students would be, "ok Mike, it looks like you have some driving chops. If you want to go fast in my car you need to do exactly what I say when I say it, and dont second guess or say a word until the deal is up." After saying that, I made them shake my hand, and after I would pull into the pits, and go over what I just said. So, what I would tell them go off every one of my cues. That meant when to turn in,apex,turn exit,when and how much throttle and brake. If they did all this well and trusted me, they would have some really fast times. But most importantly leave with a smile from ear to ear...Then I knew I did my job! On the flip side, I would get that student which not go over 50mph, and look over at me and say,"wow this car handles great!" And this is when we had to pull to the bottom of the track to let the other cars fly by at double the speeds. My best customer was the one who knew their abilitiesm and ran at their own pace, whatever that would be.Its those clowns we had to wrangle the steering wheel out of their hands and save the car from crashing...I have had some interesting moments to say the least. See ya brotha!

@ Dave, I guess that explains why it's looking more, & more like I'm wearing a sweater all the time....I keep it in the freezer, & drink straight too...not in shots either, lol

@ Tool, thats about the way the 1st half a lap went, only I was feeling the car, & was already beginning what he was telling me...bout the 3rd-4th turn, is when he told me do my thing....I think I made him a lil nervous at 1st. 1st thing I did aft buckling in, was turn off the traction/stability control. Thennnn LAUNCH!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service