Did any one see on Jayski's sight a Nascar team owner will announce his entry in the Indy 500 at a press conference on Monday. Just wanted everyone's thoughts. Could it be Robby... I no He said he wasn't running the 500 this year so if not then who??

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, there you go. It must be true, because "Reliable sources" say so. ;-)

Hey, at least it gives us something to gab about during the off week.
until the new color change tomorrow...lol......
Hey that's half the fun of the time leading up to the Indy 500, all the speculation and rumors from "reliable sources" on who will attempt to qualify. ;-)

and it's an off week :p
richard petty is going to field a car for john andretti
If the Helio trial is dragged out long enough, or if he's convicted, RG in a Penske car would be a nice to see. Plus, Jim Beam is a supporter of both Penske and RGM.
Will Power has that seat locked up if Helio is out. It would be nice though.
The problem is......Robby can't race in both.....If he runs Indy, he would have to give up his cup seat for about 1/2 the race...........

Now the intresting thing is........Robby would still get owner points.....and maybe...just maybe....Jim Beam or one of his other sponsors wants to run a primary in Indy....I know Menard would flip some dough for an entry.........

I still think Robby won't do Indy again until A). Indy goes back to an 11am start or B). When Robby decides to not be a full time cup driver........

I still say before it's all said and done...he goes after the Borg Warner trophy again..........

I don't see Robby running at Indy for any other team other than Robby Gordon Motorsports.....They have done it and have done it well..........
bottomline is, if it makes sense to do it, he will do it. If it doesn't , he won't.
Richard Petty and John Andretti
this is in addition to Andretti.
Casey Mears went to stockcars because he didnt want to run open-wheel. he wont ever run the 500
Money......

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service