Did any one see on Jayski's sight a Nascar team owner will announce his entry in the Indy 500 at a press conference on Monday. Just wanted everyone's thoughts. Could it be Robby... I no He said he wasn't running the 500 this year so if not then who??

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I dont dislike John Andreetti, but thats hardly news worthy that he would run the 500, big deal.
Hardly means crap? still the most coveted trophy in racing....don't kid yourself.....
John Andretti can drive, folks. He's better than half the current field in Indy car. On more point, Robin Miller reports Dreyer-Reinbold are preparing the car, not AGR. Michael and John have a strained relationship due to Micheal putting Robby in Dario's car in 2003 instead of John.
I was really impressed with Andretti in Indy cars last year. I guess all the people bashing him on here haven't been paying attention to Indy Car. He also got wins in a Petty car in the 90's that was total junk. He probably has a steeper hill to climb due to his last name. ...... and if Bud is the sponsor then Petty has nothing to do with the deal. Richard Petty Motorsports is the official name of the team that Gillet owns the majority of and their biggest sponsor is Bud. The 44 and 43 still don't have beer decals on them (Coors pole award decals) due to Petty wielding what little negotiating power he had. Petty Enterprises always refused to carry any alcohol sponsors.

Petty and Andretti. Two of the biggest names in motorsports will partner to compete in the Indianapolis 500 this May.
Seven-time NASCAR champion Richard Petty will enter the No. 43 Window World Honda Dallara in partnership with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing for Indianapolis 500 veteran John Andretti in the 93rd Running of the Indianapolis 500. It is Petty's first foray into the Indianapolis 500 as a competitor.

"John and I have been talking about this for three or four years, and I finally came up to the (Indianapolis 500) for the first time last year," said Petty, wearing his customary black cowboy hat and sunglasses. "I remember as a kid growing up I used to listen to it on the radio while I was under a stock car back home getting ready for a race. I came up here for 10 or 15 years with STP for Pole Day. It was one of those things where you came and got all excited but then had to go home and go back to work on your stock car. John invited me up here (last year). I came up and had a good time. We finally got things put together."

Andretti has made nine starts in the race, recording four top-10 finishes, including a fifth in 1991. He drove Petty's famed No. 43 in NASCAR in 1994 and from 1998-2003.

"It's fantastic to come back to the Speedway," said Andretti, who started seven times from 1988-94 before returning for the last two years. "This has been coming together for a long time. I'm the second-longest driver of the 43 car (in NASCAR). For me to be part of this again and have Richard to be part of it and to get to drive the 43 again is a big thing for me. It's exciting for me. I can't wait for May to get here.

"I get to start from opening day, which is good for me. To do it like this, is the way to do it at Indy if you're going to be a contender."

The car will feature the traditional "Petty Blue" and "Day-Glo Red" from Petty's stock cars in his debut as a team owner in the Indianapolis 500. Richard Petty Motorsports currently campaigns four Dodge cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

This year's Indianapolis 500 also will be the 10th for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, co-owned by Dennis Reinbold and former driver Robbie Buhl. The team finished eighth last year with Buddy Rice.

"Co-ownership of this entry by Richard Petty is the icing on the cake," Reinbold said. "That's something that's going to make this entry a very special car and a very special month of May entry for us. We're really excited about this."

Window World makes its debut in the Indianapolis 500 in 2009. The North Wilkesboro, N.C., corporation has locations in 46 states with more than 200 dealers. Each outlet is locally owned and operated.

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=13520
http://www.isitmayyet.com/index.php/2009/04/06/oh-by-the-way-it-was...

Update: Mike King is still talking about another NASCAR team coming over, and just confirmed it is Robby Gordon, potentially in conjunction with Richard Childress.

Sounds like bunk.....but, we'll see....
Maybe in 2004... but if it did happen GAS ON!!!
good equipment is hard to find.
Very true. The Roth stuff is out there but I'm not sure how good it is, maybe with the right driver it could post better results than last year. It was competittive with Andretti behind the wheel at a few races last season.
Childress should just drag Casey Mears over
Source may be Mike King - but this rumor seems to be making the rounds in Indy

But the Petty-Andretti combo may not be the only NASCAR connection at this year’s 500.

Reliable sources are indicating that a well-known driver MAY be teaming up with a well-known NASCAR team owner for their own shot at Indy glory.

The well-known driver has raced in the 500 before, coming very close to winning it.

The well-known NASCAR team owner is one of the most widely respected men in the sport.

All in all, it’s shaping up to be a very interesting May, stay tuned.

http://blogs.wishtv.com/category/auto-racing/
Speculation at it's finest !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service