And people complain about "cheaters" now. Just wait....computer hackers will have a new area to work in. What ever happened to NA$CARS "keep the costs down" ?

What next ? one lug wheels, paddle shifters on the steering wheel. You will find me at the local dirt track, this stuff is gitting ridiculous.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So let me understand this. ECM with FI controls the Air Fuel mixture that is optimized for the cam and ignition timing, the valve sizing and compression ratio's to get the desired HP and fuel mileage. So how do you build one box for different manufacturer engines and engine builders that have different approaches to each track. IMO, FI will become a NASCRAP can of worms.
Valve size and compression ratio are already mandated.
You don't have carburetors with fixed fueling rates nor distributors with completely fixed curves now, so what makes you think the EFI wouldn't have fueling and spark characteristics that aren't modifiable? The EFI system nascar has chosen has allows fuel and spark maps to be modified by the teams. You can swap boxes between cars of different manufacturers, load your program and start the car up. A typical aftermarket efi system has a universal harness, although companies like Motec and Mclaren do not offer harnesses. Instead they offer harness connectors in bulk so teams can build their own harnesses specific to their chassis.
Considering you havent been able to find a carb in a car in the last 20 years, I think this is an acceptable change. The auto makers have been pushing for Fuel Injection for years... whats the big deal here?
@Ted Braun, You and I are on the same page on this.

What's the big fuss about another way to cheat? Cheating is just part of racing.
Like they dont cheat with the carbs today?
Not everyone looks to cheating to get an advantage.Working the gray area's is another story.
@Ted, I see the big deal is,this will be a great equalizer or divider between the haves and haveless.It all hinge's on if the ECU can be cheated. It's been infer'd from many sources that it can,if true it will become another great divider.IMO
All cheating is "working in the gray area". hahaha

I guess its ok when all the other top forms of racing have fuel injection, but when NASCAR tries to do it, to keep up with manufacturers its going to destroy the sport.
I'm with you. This shouldn't be a biggie. I'm sure everybody is working hard on how to cheat with FI but, teams still cheat by drilling little holes in the wheels to relieve pressure - my point being it doesn't have to be high tech to manipulate it.
Where's Hap Sharp and Jim Hall, bring back the Chaparral!
besids you are only CHEATING when you get caught-------------UNLESS YOUR CHAD KANUSE

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service