Montreal 2007 Revisionist history starting to piss me off...

Many articles are recapping the wild and wooly 2007 race and it friggin amazes me what they write about the series of events that unfurl....here is a pretty good example of what is being written.....from Tim Tuttle:

"Ambrose and Robby Gordon were in a ferocious battle for the lead in the closing laps. Gordon nudged ahead to move in front of Ambrose and Ambrose tapped Gordon to regain the lead. The caution, for a multicar incident, came out at the same time Ambrose was re-passing Gordon."

WTF??? I commented and recounted EXACTLY what transpired...which is this..

Robby passed Ambrose under green...then behind them Harvick divebombed Pruett and caused a multicar melee which brought out the caution....

As that happened, Robby came around a turn...with the CAUTION LIGHTS CLEARLY LIT and the FLAGMAN WAVING HIS YELLOW FLAG....Ambrose got into him and spun him out....

I will even give Ambrose the benefit of the doubt that he "didn't see" that the caution was lit and flag waving (which is B.S. but for arguments sake I will)..but for Nascar to try to relegate a car to 12th when it was running 1st when the field was FROZEN due to a yellow it was not involved in , then gets spun out under said yelow is beyond F@#$ing ridiculous.

Amrose reaped what he and Nascar sowed. Whether he knew it or not, he spun a car under caution, and Nascar exaserbated the issue by moronically ruling that this is OK and that the car spund out under yellow (when the yellow was caused by an incident PRIOR to it) gets shuffled back instead of restarting 1st (or at worst 2nd).

Like it or not...Robby won that race and was ROBBED by Nascar...

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it just wasnt his day.
Andrew Ranger in a second RGM car. Carl said he has a future.
Not by me. I think Marcos is a great driver. I hated to see lose by making a mistake.
Run out of talent?

How many restarts did Ambrose survive in the last 10 laps on Sunday?

Let's talk about Stephen Wallace jacking up the whole race.........
Ugh I hate the Wallaces almost as much as the Waltrips.
Steven is a disaster. He would finish 5th or 6th in a family race. he's the latest in a long line of big name/small talent. Can you say Larry Foyt, Larry Pearson, M. Waltrip, Kerry Earnhart, (do I dare add Jr?)
Ranger has a moderately thick french accent, might be difficult to land sponsorship for him.
or understand him on the Radio....
That was a great race. More of this and crew chief and driver can get more used to driving in this enviorment, This will lead to better set up and less crashes making it even more exciting. Good to see JV finish 4th. I really miss him not actively racing in a series.
I'm starting to pull for anybody other than who the broadcasters rave about all race. Marcos is a great driver, yet I pulled for Carl to win and I'm not a fan of his. Getting to the point where I get more of a thrill out of the "experts" being wrong than who wins the race! They seem to pick a fave before the green flag drops and that's the one driver whose praises they sing until the drop of the checkers.

Changing to rain setup with only a handful of laps to go was one of nascar's best decisions in a long time. For once, they didn't follow the conservative game plan. Maybe one day they'll let the big guys rub when they race again! Sure might help the TV ratings.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service