Montreal 2007 Revisionist history starting to piss me off...

Many articles are recapping the wild and wooly 2007 race and it friggin amazes me what they write about the series of events that unfurl....here is a pretty good example of what is being written.....from Tim Tuttle:

"Ambrose and Robby Gordon were in a ferocious battle for the lead in the closing laps. Gordon nudged ahead to move in front of Ambrose and Ambrose tapped Gordon to regain the lead. The caution, for a multicar incident, came out at the same time Ambrose was re-passing Gordon."

WTF??? I commented and recounted EXACTLY what transpired...which is this..

Robby passed Ambrose under green...then behind them Harvick divebombed Pruett and caused a multicar melee which brought out the caution....

As that happened, Robby came around a turn...with the CAUTION LIGHTS CLEARLY LIT and the FLAGMAN WAVING HIS YELLOW FLAG....Ambrose got into him and spun him out....

I will even give Ambrose the benefit of the doubt that he "didn't see" that the caution was lit and flag waving (which is B.S. but for arguments sake I will)..but for Nascar to try to relegate a car to 12th when it was running 1st when the field was FROZEN due to a yellow it was not involved in , then gets spun out under said yelow is beyond F@#$ing ridiculous.

Amrose reaped what he and Nascar sowed. Whether he knew it or not, he spun a car under caution, and Nascar exaserbated the issue by moronically ruling that this is OK and that the car spund out under yellow (when the yellow was caused by an incident PRIOR to it) gets shuffled back instead of restarting 1st (or at worst 2nd).

Like it or not...Robby won that race and was ROBBED by Nascar...

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Theres a reason why i closed my discussion. Pretty much everyone here feels the same as you, but theres no sense in going back to this, not trying to go out on you but its a difficult situation that no one wants to revisit.
had just read the TIm Tuttle article last night after a long work day....rubbed my rubarb so to speak! I hear ya...just venting and pissing on the sidewalk is all
We're here for ya dude.... we all need to sometimes vent when some idiot writes with their head stuck where it isn't physically possible. Done the same myself over at bleacher report when a certain poster finds any excuse to bash our boy. She wasn't even born yet when he started winning but somehow feels qualified to offer her own version of events. Here you're among friends who remember the event oh so well.... forever burnt into the section of our cranium where the Jim Beam flows. And they say Jimmy Spencer never forgets.... neither do we!!
It's windy today... watch out for the blow-back. Could be quite embarrassing. :P
Try this on for size. After harping to a good good friend of mine about what a blast it is going to a race (he claimed it was boring but never seen it live) he finaly agrees to the weekend at Pocono in the infield. For those who have never done the no reserved saturday night line up bash that begins the whole thing the party Saturday night/afternoon lined up waiting outside the gates is a "GREAT PARTY" . So there we were Sunday, I was blowing smoke up his ass all weekend about Robby and as the race quickly unfolded I said in complete ignorance to it all "That's not even Robby in that car ...there is no way". Stopping for breakfast Monday morning somewhere up RT. 15 he drops a small local paper in front of me with a picture of Robby talking to P.J. on pit road. Read about it and drove home to Buffalo steaming to see the highlights. So my take on it is never having seen the race itself but in the end no matter what happened that day the thing that really sticks in my craw is the fact that: " A driver is rolling along in say 9th place a guy loses it and the 9th place driver spins to avoid it. 30 lead lap cars pass him before he is able to roll up to speed. Then the magic dragon says he still gets a 14th starting spot". What happened to Robby was under caution and it was a load of bunk, NASCAR went to page 3 of the rule book , you know the blank one for whatever fits the situation and waved the magic wand. What I want to know is this, this is the fact I want, who decided it directly....Helton? Hunter? France? Who and by what named names makes the stupid calls. Like the one a year or two back when a caution comes out and Larry Mac proclaims that this means that Robby Gordon will be the only car on the lead lap and now he could go on to........."Larry Mac is squelched and given instructions to shut his mouth" Then Larry is forced to explain how NASCAR scoring does this bl;ah blah dictated bling bang boing suck my thumb ECT. ECT. ECT. then they gave Robby some shabby shaft starting spot saying that he over came the romuloid scoring orcs blubber nut. that's the language I heard it all in. Does anyone remember that shaft?
wow,

space bar please
I remember Robby somehow ended up as the only car on the lead lap due to pit cycling and Larry Mac making that comment, but don't remember what race that was, or what official ruling was.
How do you say...We won that race as far as Im concerened.........We all know what happened yes it was dirty yes it was a bad call and yes that was coolest black flag celebration ever. the late Dale or even Ts doesn't have the balls to give nascar the finger the way Robby did and sitting out the next weekend was worth it. Robby solidified his posistion as nascars hardest racer. A TRUE AMERICAN BAD ASS. If Robs up front at the end he goes for it we all know it. All the kids ..new nascar fans or even vets just haven't seen it in a while. This was marcos first chance to make a name for himself over here and didn't get caught Riding Dirty! and mean while ..Nascar ZZzzzzzzzz well ehh. lets reinvent the rules during play. This doesn't float on the elementary playground and shouldn't be the practice in a Multi Million Dollar Sport.
Robby won!!!
no he didn't!!!
I remember this being the pace cars fault ..If blame needs to be placed
I hate Steve Wallace...he screwed my boy Jason Leffler over at Daytona too.

And then of course there's the yellow line thing, where if it's Earnhardt Jr doing it it's cool, but for unknown Regan Smith to dare try and pass NASCAR's second-favorite Tony Stewart well then he's a no-good cheater.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service