After talking with Robby on Saturday and ribbing him good for no trailer with goodies to buy.  He told me in two-three weeks on merchandise, and that they are working out licensing agreements, then it will be good to go.  I was dissapointed not to see his trailer selling products at Daytona for the second year in a row.  But he wasn't alone.  Jamie McMurray -barely anything & no diecast.  Kenseth, no 1/64 diecast with no attempt for a kid version/end around the hard liquor rule.  No Bobby Labonte/Taxslayer.  You would think these drivers could put a rush on any licenses they would need in the off season to sell at Daytona,,,

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must be demented.... I already packed my FOTL hat and shirt for my trip to Vegas this week, along with my Jim Beam, and Harrah's stuff. Hell, I still occasionally wear my #31 Cingular Robby jacket. In addition, my 2003 #31 FDNY/Cingular Monte Carl, autographed by Bobby, sits in front and center on a display shelf in my office!
There were a lot less souvenir trailers at Daytona last weekend than the Michigan race I went to last June. I noticed a lot more of the trailers were shared. Both MWR and Red Bull had shared trailers, RPM had one for Kasey and one for the other 3 drivers. JGR, RFR, RCR, Hendrick & Stewart-Haas had a trailer for each driver, yes Jr only had one versus the several in Michigan. But good news, Digger had his own trailer and there was also one for Extenze.
talk about high-end, high priced items...look no further than the RedBull trailer

Jaci, you should send a copy of that to John Daly. He'd get a kick out of it... LoL!
He loved it!
Was I the only person who thought that Fox (mercifully) backed off with all the Digger crap this year?
they have somewhat realized that digger has jumped the shark,and have said there wont be as much over the top digger coverage this year
That's a relief! It was totally stupid how they all had to fake laugh every time they showed that camera angle, which, by the way, was nothing new anyway. Those cameras have been used by all of the networks for over 30 years now.
Charlotte usually has a lot of vendors - oodles that sell multi-driver gear. Saw 07 Jim Beam driver jackets there for $35. At Daytona - the fleamarket across the interstate has a lot of those type vendors. Monster should have a display at one of the races - sell Monster drinks and gear, including Robby stuff - I think they could probably make some money doing that. The best prices at the Drivers' trailers are at the end of the year ;-) But at the rental fees for space, doesn't make much sense-selling $5-7K of gear in a weekend to break even is a lot! We got our Monster gear to wear at Daytona on EBay.
How about Monster and Robby selling hats and shirts and giving a six pack of cold Monster drink free with each purchase?...Could they afford to do that?

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service