After talking with Robby on Saturday and ribbing him good for no trailer with goodies to buy.  He told me in two-three weeks on merchandise, and that they are working out licensing agreements, then it will be good to go.  I was dissapointed not to see his trailer selling products at Daytona for the second year in a row.  But he wasn't alone.  Jamie McMurray -barely anything & no diecast.  Kenseth, no 1/64 diecast with no attempt for a kid version/end around the hard liquor rule.  No Bobby Labonte/Taxslayer.  You would think these drivers could put a rush on any licenses they would need in the off season to sell at Daytona,,,

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree, those 4 races should always have the merch trailer. Hell, he brought it to Ensenada!
last year at the october charlotte race i was walking around the souvy trailers looking for sum juan pablo stuff, i couldnt find his trailer anywhere and at the time martin truex had just annonunced he would be with egr for 2010, so i thought maybe they had combined them, they were selling martin t shirts for like 3.00 bucks, diecast for 20.00! on the other side they had jpm stuff, i asked why there wasnt a trailer for him and his answer was the speedway charges each trailer $5500 per race to park on its property, i about fell over. at matinsville in october there was no robby or juan trailer, only the common drivers. racing isnt like it used to be, everyone affiliated with souvys and diecast are pricing themselves out of business. the people like all of us who pull for the guys that could drive anything with a steering wheel have to really hustle to find things for our drivers. by tha way i would like to take this time to think everyone who outbid me on all the robby custom diecast on ebay!!!!! hahahaha! hence tha fact i said hustle!!!
I usually buy from Robby Gordon.com. Pricing themselves out of business is right. $45 dollars for a sweatshirt? My Monster sweatshirt didn't even have a "7" or RGM on it! I guess that would be the only difference knowing what you get when you buy it. It will be a while before I buy again.
was that you on the cat walk ribbing Rob?
We were on the Sprint Deck hollering at him - both with our Monster hoodies and hats :-)
i WAS STANDING NEXT TO ROBBY WHEN THIS ALL WENT DOWN..LOL
Nikal and Eric thanks for the information on the cost side to bring a trailer to the track. It sounds like e-tailing is the way for the drivers to go with their souvy's. As everyone is looking for a DieCast, Maybe Robby can come up with a generic 7 COT and then Wraps for it that we could order seperately.
I just found out Vegas Charges $7500 for the spot plus $750/sqft. They wanted us to have a booth out there in the midway. LOL a little too rich for my blood.
I like that. Great idea.
The cool thing about a sponsor like Monster is that even people who aren't Robby fans will buy Monster stuff because they're a cool sponsor, like Jim Beam was. Probably the only folks that were buying Fruit of the Loom merch were Robby fans.
I didn't buy any FOTL stuff...couldn't do it. Thankfully he had Cingular for a Cup sponsor in 2004 and Jim Beam, Harrah's and Menards in 2005 or I would have gone without!
ditto on the FOTL stuff

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service