NASCAR suspends Sprint Cup driver under terms of drug policy

By Jim Utter - jutter@charlotteobserver.com
Saturday, May. 09, 2009
NASCAR has suspended a Sprint Cup driver under terms of its substance abuse policy - immediately and indefinitely - in advance of Saturday nightís race at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, ThatsRacin.com and The Charlotte Observer have learned.

Sources said the driver, who has not been identified by officials, was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 7-5 (violation of the NASCAR substance abuse policy) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. The determination was based on findings at last weekendís race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway.

NASCAR on Saturday declined to discuss the matter, saying that questions would be dealt with in a news conference at the South Carolina track on Saturday at 6 p.m.

Such a suspension would be the first under NASCARís drug policies for a driver at the top level, the Spring Cup Series.

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not drug literate...lol...
Here is a link with photos of what meth users look like.
http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/photo_...

I have known people who have used both Meth and Crank, that is why I find it so hard to believe that Mayfield is as guilty as Nascar would lead us to believe.
Meth = Hillbilly crack...so in a way, the are accurate photos lol
AS THE WORLD TURNS.
I was curious about that comment also. It makes you wonder, but who really knows. I do know that this battle is costing a load of cash. I wonder if he'll turn around and sue Nascar for defamation of character?
I wondered about that too, since that was the be-all end-all in drug testing for awhile, and it would certainly be interesting to find out. Are you the lab person here?
Here is the answer to your hair testing questions.

http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/east/sports/autoracing/stories/wc...
I would be interested to know where Mayfields lawyer is getting his information that the hair is too short. In hair testing they can take hair from any part of your body, and I do mean any. It is the follicle of the hair(inner core of the root) that shows drug build up, not the hair shaft
They can use the follicle or the shaft. When the lab took mine, they cut an inch from the scalp. That wouldn't have shown any recent drug use but that 6 inch sample would have shown any drug use for about a year.
Wow you are lucky when my husbands company does the tests, they pull out a section. This is to ensure results can't be tampered with. There are strippers and extreme chemical processes that can change the chemistry of the shaft.
Yes, I've been told that strippers can change the chemistry of the shaft....lol...( too easy ! )
You know after I typed that I figured someone would have a comment. Should have known it would be you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service