NASCAR suspends Sprint Cup driver under terms of drug policy

By Jim Utter - jutter@charlotteobserver.com
Saturday, May. 09, 2009
NASCAR has suspended a Sprint Cup driver under terms of its substance abuse policy - immediately and indefinitely - in advance of Saturday nightís race at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, ThatsRacin.com and The Charlotte Observer have learned.

Sources said the driver, who has not been identified by officials, was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 7-5 (violation of the NASCAR substance abuse policy) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. The determination was based on findings at last weekendís race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway.

NASCAR on Saturday declined to discuss the matter, saying that questions would be dealt with in a news conference at the South Carolina track on Saturday at 6 p.m.

Such a suspension would be the first under NASCARís drug policies for a driver at the top level, the Spring Cup Series.

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeremy knows he'll never drive in NASCAR again (unless he ends up owning it - lol), so he has no reason to hold back now. The only reason he has left to fight it is his reputation and name - and a big settlement.
well we could always bring up Michael Jackson.
Or she could just skip over this thread. ;) LOL!
Floyd really got hosed. He was clean.
And they are currently testing Lance just about every other day.

& big surprise, had antidoping control @ the finish. Keep looking, nothing to find xcept hard work & sacrifice. Never was, never will be.
12:05 PM Jul 17th from Lance Armstrong
The french border police held up the Astana truck (Lance's team) for 3 hours. They searched and obviously they found nothing. Something for Robby to think about if he is ever in the lead of the dakar. ASO will measure his restrictor after every stage.
Mayfields independant lab test comes back negative. THis is from the AP.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_MAYFIELD_SUSPENSI...
Interesting developments in Jeremy's court filing yesterday:

... A Mayfield expert, Dr. Harold Schueler of the Broward County (Fla.) Medical Examiner’s Office, in an affidavit questioned the results of the NASCAR test, calling the level of methamphetamine in its results “astronomical.”

“In my expert opinion, based on my experience and the facts of this case, I do not believe that Aegis’ test results revealing 67,000 nanograms per milliliter of methamphetamine could be remotely accurate, unless Mr. Mayfield was deceased or a chronic abuser,” says Schueler.

Schueler also says that a chronic abuser would show signs of methamphetamine abuse such as the aging of physical appearance, sunken eyes and acne.

I really do not see Mayfield settling in this case. He seems pretty Effing pissed off at Nascar and has made them his White Whale so to speak...

I wouldn't doubt if Diehl is on a contigent fee basis...and if Mayfeild is telling the turth and this goes to court..

$$$$$$ with diehl getting about 1/3 of $$$$$$ lol
here is my take on this crap

Nascar shafted Carl Long really bad,and people were on his side.In order to get people off their back and forget about the Long shafting, a diversion had to be created.Nascar found someone with a little chink in their armor,not a big fan favorite(after the Evernham -Crocker allegations)and went after him.
Nobody remembers the Long shafting now!!
A photographer took a series of photos at ONE CORNER of drug addict...

nothing to do with mayfield, but some very powerful images from a fantastic photographer.
Those are crack addicts. Meth is different. (They are powerful images though...)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service