NASCAR suspends Sprint Cup driver under terms of drug policy

By Jim Utter - jutter@charlotteobserver.com
Saturday, May. 09, 2009
NASCAR has suspended a Sprint Cup driver under terms of its substance abuse policy - immediately and indefinitely - in advance of Saturday nightís race at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, ThatsRacin.com and The Charlotte Observer have learned.

Sources said the driver, who has not been identified by officials, was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 7-5 (violation of the NASCAR substance abuse policy) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. The determination was based on findings at last weekendís race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway.

NASCAR on Saturday declined to discuss the matter, saying that questions would be dealt with in a news conference at the South Carolina track on Saturday at 6 p.m.

Such a suspension would be the first under NASCARís drug policies for a driver at the top level, the Spring Cup Series.

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Meth stays in your system 2 or 3 days. Probably got lost for 7 hours hoping to get cleaned out. Assuming he tested positive, he needs help. Hope he gets it and ends this circus.
So your stepson does meth in front of you THIRTY times, and now is the first time you say anything about it? Really. No attempt to get him some help? You didn't think maybe he was putting anyone else in danger?

Of course she could very well be that irresponsible and is only now telling the truth. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. But it does smell a little bit fishy, doesn't it?
I said this a long time ago, if I was Mayfield and I got caught red handed like he did back in May, I would have disappearred off the face of the planet. I would have kept quiet, allow things to blow over, get help and hopefully someday try to get reinstated a la Shane Hmiel. Instead he made a big stink over it, went to court, spent a truck load of money, and in the end just get caught again. Put a fork in him, he is SO done. He should have known that they were going to be all over him like stink on shit!! Here's your sign...

Or he is using the same MEDS that create a false positive to prove a point. If he is using, then hell with him.
Interesting .
Apparently Jeremy gave an interview minutes ago on sirius radio, Jeremy has had a film crew with him 24/7 since this happened and is filming a documentary about it. He has been getting drug tested every three days since he was first accused of this and supposedly all his tests have been clean... My question is, why would he allow himself to pee dirty again? To prove that OTC & Precription drugs create a false positive? Why wouldn't he let the lab figure that out and continue with the lawsuit? Why haven't we heard about his documentary earlier?
I just saw that myself about the "filmcrew".
Sounds to me like he's trying to discredit the testing method used by Aegis - NASCARs testing lab. And if his own tests are accurate, then he's doing a good job.
Like sand thru the hourglass....
interesting points, have there been any drivers stand up and say 'yeah, I saw him' or ' i know' whatever? Or the opposite, have any of them stood up and said 'no way'?
I am sure most members here have either a friend or family member who is an addict. Pro Athletes arent immune to everyday issues.
Robby should buy the team! haha

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service