Major penalty coming for the #38? bleeder valves found on the tires

Read this over at jayski's.  It sounds like the #38 could have a 200 point $200,000 penalty coming and could put Robby back in the Top 35!!!

Illegal bleeder valves on the #38 at Pocono? Sources tell Sirius that NASCAR discovered clandestine [secrecy or concealed] air pressure bleeder valves on the tires of Travis Kvapil's #38 Front Row Motorsports Ford Sunday at Pocono Raceway. Following the rain delay, NASCAR officials reportedly observed two soft tires on the rear of Kvapil's car and held him from rolling back onto the track for the start of the race. Closer examination of those tire and wheel assemblies allegedly revealed illegal bleeder valves, which purge excess air pressure from the tires as it accumulates under race conditions. If confirmed, the team would likely face a major NASCAR penalty, since tires are considered to be one of the sanctions "untouchable" items, along with engines and fuel.(Sirius Speedway)(6-8-2010)

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They could try 'my dog ate my homework', that works sometimes...!
I will be surprised if Nascar fines them enough to get RG back in the top 35. I'll say 50 points at most.
They cant. Tires are more severe than a nose, and RG got a 100 pt penatly for the Nose in 2008( later given back with appeal ) Put all the conspiracy theories aside. This is a kick in the nuts to nascar from the #38,if it is indeed a true situation.
It did seem rather odd that the #38 finished 22nd at Pocono considering their previous results. This situation explains alot. Whatcha think... 150 points/150K fine? That'd be my guess. If so, the #7 got a break, let's make sure to capitalize on it. Have a good run at Michigan, and then go for broke at Sonoma. A pole award would look good on RGM's shelf...
The Pocono results were skewed because of the last wreck. Many teams that missed it improved 10 or more positions as a result.
yes, the #38 was a 29th & 30th place car
what time will nascar give out the penalties, this is like waiting to open presents on xmas
Let's not take too much pleasure in this. We don't need the bad karma of wishing ill on another team.
we've always had bad karma I'm sure this won't hurt us.
I don't know but they should announce it before NASCAR Now comes on.
They could say they got the tires from the 7 team when Ted failed to qualify. Nascar then penalizes the 7 team.
LOL...thats a different angle,but teams are usually issued raceday tires on Saturday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service