Major penalty coming for the #38? bleeder valves found on the tires

Read this over at jayski's.  It sounds like the #38 could have a 200 point $200,000 penalty coming and could put Robby back in the Top 35!!!

Illegal bleeder valves on the #38 at Pocono? Sources tell Sirius that NASCAR discovered clandestine [secrecy or concealed] air pressure bleeder valves on the tires of Travis Kvapil's #38 Front Row Motorsports Ford Sunday at Pocono Raceway. Following the rain delay, NASCAR officials reportedly observed two soft tires on the rear of Kvapil's car and held him from rolling back onto the track for the start of the race. Closer examination of those tire and wheel assemblies allegedly revealed illegal bleeder valves, which purge excess air pressure from the tires as it accumulates under race conditions. If confirmed, the team would likely face a major NASCAR penalty, since tires are considered to be one of the sanctions "untouchable" items, along with engines and fuel.(Sirius Speedway)(6-8-2010)

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AGREED.
I knew it! Nascar found out I was cutting firewood on Sunday and didn't watch the race! MAYBE Robby WAS missed and they had to figure out how to get him back to the track! Maybe he has more fans than they want to admit? In Mexican Tradition I started to celebrate at about MM 215 watching RG chase the 76 in the Baja 500 car by downing half a bottle of Tequila. Imagine going to bed at 2am getting out of bed at 6 to go cut wood still plowed and seeing a 13th AHHHralph.
I watched about 10 laps of Pocono and then indulged in a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap. I have to say, if RG had to miss a race, I am glad it was at Pocono. Even Joey Logano and Delana Harvick jello wrestling couldn't make that track interesting.

Wait a minute; I take that last part back!
If this was Facebook I would hit "like"
I think she could take the little punk! Come to think of it, she's been wrestling with a punk of her own for about 10 years now.
Front Row knows they goofed. No passing blame on this deal.
I did like the Shaggy defense they put up...

"It wasn't me" lol
Jake Blues... "I swear to God, It wasn't my fault"!
The 71 team actually sent out a statement stating they had sponsorship from Taxslayer for limited number of races. The followed up by stating if additional funding wasn't found they would choose to S&P rather than run a limited schedule like Wood Bros. (IMO- It makes sense for the 71 team to S&P sice they have Labonte's PCP to fall back on if he fails to make it on speed, and currently they're still in the Top 35. They also seem to have a little more resources than other S&P teams and can run a little further gaining more points than the other S&P teams.
The first suspected "S&P" car to drop out of a race (not accident related) is automatically taken for inspection.
John,
That's the way I feel too,good luck with this fight.
This weekend through the return to Michigan in mid-August RGM needs to string together solid runs. A top 20 this weekend followed by top 10's on the roadies, top 15 at Daytona, top 25 at Loudon and Chicago, top 30 at Pocono, and another top 20 at Michigan is doable. The 71 starting their backward slide will obviously help, too.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service