Major penalty coming for the #38? bleeder valves found on the tires

Read this over at jayski's.  It sounds like the #38 could have a 200 point $200,000 penalty coming and could put Robby back in the Top 35!!!

Illegal bleeder valves on the #38 at Pocono? Sources tell Sirius that NASCAR discovered clandestine [secrecy or concealed] air pressure bleeder valves on the tires of Travis Kvapil's #38 Front Row Motorsports Ford Sunday at Pocono Raceway. Following the rain delay, NASCAR officials reportedly observed two soft tires on the rear of Kvapil's car and held him from rolling back onto the track for the start of the race. Closer examination of those tire and wheel assemblies allegedly revealed illegal bleeder valves, which purge excess air pressure from the tires as it accumulates under race conditions. If confirmed, the team would likely face a major NASCAR penalty, since tires are considered to be one of the sanctions "untouchable" items, along with engines and fuel.(Sirius Speedway)(6-8-2010)

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's very fortunate, but I'm sure the team will keep the focus on going faster and finishing better.
I'd much rather see Robby DRIVE his way into the top-35, but we'll take this gimme! This will give him a little more flexability on focusing on the MI race, rather than the MI qualifying.
If Robby doesnt get a 25 point penalty, he is in the top 35 at Pocono. It is what it is.

Having said that, seems kinda like a light penalty compared to the reports. Maybe FRM bascially said, we are done if you give us the 300 point penalty et al.

I quit trying to understand what NASCAR does. I'm sure Carl Long is beyond pissed though, and rightfully so.
Link: Carl Long has a NW ride if all goes as planned, new team.
Absolutely would prefer for the #7 to be able to race its way back into the top 35. But this seems to be a situation where you take what you can get...
LOOKS LIKE GOING TO BAJA IS GOING TO PAY OFF.
NASCAR Owners Standing now shows that RGM is 35th. The I's are dotted and the T's are crossed. We in the show at Michigan.
YAY!! Now let's buckle down and get a great finish!! Put those Front Row cars in the 7's dust!
It's easy to cherry pick those stats at Sears Point....but you have to delve a little deeper..

2004 tire fell off on lap 10...WTF? lol
2005 was running third had fastest car on track when the transmission locked in 3rd gear...rallied from a lap down to 12th before running out of gas and finishing 16th..
2006 had another great car..first green flag pit stop killed us as we came in 2nd went out 8th and an immeidate tangle with Boris Said killed our day by knocking in the toe and causing a tire failure eventually
2007 when mcmurray stole our pole and we had the best car all day, led the most laps and stupid fuel mileage with the COT killed us when Reed Sorenson ran out of talent on lap 67
2008 another one where we had a great car but stayed ot 1 lap too long ran out of fuel and got run over by Kurt Busch race I believe on lap 70..lol
2009 Again...one of the best cars out there...bit by bad luck on that Bobby Labonte Caution otherwise we would have been racing Kahne and STewart for the win

So yeah, feel free to point to the final number and say we'r enot good there anymore, but every year we had a car that could have won the whole damn thing except for some of the worst luck/pit strategy decisions I have ever seen...
it was depressing looking up those recaps to jog the memory of what happened since 2003....
All the more reason to not dwell on what happened in the past , it's all water under the bridge as they say. I prefer to be here in the present , and look to the future . =)
From Nascar.com: Jenkins seemed more concerned with the points penalty than the monetary fine, given the effort the team has made to keep all three of its cars inside the top 35.

Was Jenkins concerned and upset when RG's brace penalty played a significant role in RG not making Pocono? I feel soooooo bad for Jenkins?

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service