Last Lap Incident Gives Robby Gordon A 28th Place Finish At Daytona.

Robby Gordon was running 20th with one corner to go in the 2010 Daytona 500, and got collected by Jeff Gordon( just racing ). Robby ended up finishing 28th. Here are screen shots of the incident in case you missed.

On to California in the #7 Warners Music Toyota

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If he stayed out he could have been in another accident. They where all checking up, up front too. The 21/20 accident could have taken him out. either way it is a bummer to keeping together all race only to have it all taken away on the last 1/4 of a lap.
all i know is, if he stays out and quickly fades, folks would be questioning why he didnt pit. He made the right call,because before that caution, he was going backwards,not forwards,and he came out of the pits exactly where he was running,but with 2 fresh tires.
I disagree. the very last pit was not needed. he knows how to drive. Plus in this kind of race, its noit hard to lost your position unless you stupiditly move out of place. stay in line and you will be fine. Knowing what he proably would not win but at least a top 15 is great. Before that last pit he was running good and was making a move. If it was earlier in race and on long runs with lot more racing to come, yes, pit, not less than 15 with enough gas to make it to the end.
if it was not needed, then he would have stayed on the track ?? I am basing my posts after re-listening to the scanner.
I dont have a scanner. was he having problems that required him to pit with few laps left? if so then i dont have an answer, but in my prospective, stay out with 12 drivers pitted would move him up. the first race will set him up for the owners point standing. I dont want him to have to race his way in later in the season.
He just ran in a conservitive manner. Im sick of that. He is better than that. He losing sponsors being a mid packer. Now we going get to watch him race on partial schedule. There goes some of my sundays with nothing to do. When he was with RCR, he didnt hold back at all which included annoying his teammate to win but was still team player. Sponsors want their logo on tv. That only happens with front pack. Remember Robby driving the Harrahs car at wakins glen busch race to finsih second to Kurt busch? I was sad for 2nd place but man I loved the race. Thats my boy Robby, fight all way to the last lap with every ounce of his energy.
Do you suppose Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Kurt Busch, were running conservitive too ?
Goodd point about the others. I am not sure. Kurt busch was up front all day. Stewart and Jeff g. were having problems i guess. I didnt hear Robby having problems. I am just getting sick of hearing Robby complain about handling problems in about every race. I hope his new Crew Chief will put an end to that.
im with you kevin the first photo above he is racing a bunch of good cars not sure what some people really expect
Even though I was mildly disappointed with the outcome of yesterdays race, I have my panties more in a wad when I read the following:

"Jeff Gordon: Also a late-race casualty, Gordon finished 26th after colliding with Robby Gordon among others on the final lap."

I know I am making a mountain out of a molehill but I hate it when people who did not see the replays read this and then tell me that Robby caused Jeff to crash. Just pisses me off. Okay I am a little bit better.
Wasn't he running about position twelve before the first pit stop?I thought he was timing his way to the front ,and then was going to go to the back and ride ,then charge back to the front at the end.He looked good at the beginning.
@ REO ...true everywhere but at a plate track.....granted it doesnt hurt but if your car handles/drafts well you can go from 43rd to 1st at Daytona in less than 20 laps at a start of a race..and then youre running up front..

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service