Last Lap Incident Gives Robby Gordon A 28th Place Finish At Daytona.

Robby Gordon was running 20th with one corner to go in the 2010 Daytona 500, and got collected by Jeff Gordon( just racing ). Robby ended up finishing 28th. Here are screen shots of the incident in case you missed.

On to California in the #7 Warners Music Toyota

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you look at the picture before he got crashed you'll see he was racing some pretty big teams and good drivers. Tony, Kyle, and Kurt. Didn't seem like anybody could advance to the front like in previous years, except maybe Harvick.
If you read most of the "media" coverage, they make it sound as if Robby took out Jeff.... wow!
like this one from the LA Times:

Hendrick teammates Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin had disappointing performances as well. Gordon had been running in the top five at various points in the day but got caught up in a last-lap wreck with Robby Gordon and finished 26th.
typical,
That doesn't place blame on Robby Gordon at all.It just said he got caught up in a wreck with Jeff, which is true.
Yes TOG, it does. And it didn't say "he got caught up in a wreck with Jeff", just the opposite - Jeff got caught up in a wreck with Robby. And please don't tell me it's the same thing. It's not. Absolutely noone knowledgable about NASCAR would describe it as that LA Times article did. Any fan who missed the race would see that article, and the finishing order, and conclude that Jeff was running top 5 and was taken out by a lap down car (Robby). Any casual fan would conclude that Jeff Gordon (who i've heard of and is really good) was running 5th and about to win, and was wrecked by Robby Gordon (who I haven't heard of and must have just made a mistake and been in the way).

TOG, I'm not blaming you, and I'm certainly not blaming Jeff Gordon - We all know what the last lap at Daytona is all about. But what happens when Beth Ann walks into a CEO's office in California next week, shakes his hand, and as he puts down his LA Times says, "Oh yea, Robby Gordon, isn't that the guy who wrecked Jeff Gordon and kept him from winning the Daytona 500 last week? Why would I want to sponsor him?"

I'm not sure there is anything I, or you for that matter, can do about it, but at a minimum, please don't dismiss the importance of the connotation, especially on your own site. Thanks.
yawn, snort, big deal, don't get your panties all in a knot, only real NASCAR fans kjnow who Robby is anyway.
@ R.ALDRIDGE: kudos, well stated
hear what you are saying,I meant to say Robby, not Jeff..however..I just dont see it written as Robby causing the wreck that Jeff was involved in,but that they both were involved in the same incident.Yes it could have been worded differently.
I agree with you MEEEE. The NASCAR 'Stars' never cause the shit but it shure rolls down hill. Its like saying Robby's face hit Jeff's fist.
I wouldn't be surprised if the media says they're brothers.
For me the Daytona 500 is like a holiday with all the fixins, friends who don't know squat others calling the house that don't know it's even on and lets not forget not being able to open the windows so we can smoke cigars. I mean it's February in buffalo N.Y. what gives.....I have to go outside and smoke a cigar? Thanks for thinking of me NASCAR and letting me run out and have a short smoke break. However in the end RGM had what i'm sure they would look at as a failure in the sense of what the overall goal was, much like Kyle Bush and Tony Stewart had....not what we wanted. I hope the car is fast "off the truck" at California or else it is taking a back seat to some outdoor activity like cleaning a winters' worth of german shep crap.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service