Last Lap Incident Gives Robby Gordon A 28th Place Finish At Daytona.

Robby Gordon was running 20th with one corner to go in the 2010 Daytona 500, and got collected by Jeff Gordon( just racing ). Robby ended up finishing 28th. Here are screen shots of the incident in case you missed.

On to California in the #7 Warners Music Toyota

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the race coverage and a long day of moderating the chat.
I had to work and couldn't see the race but could "watch" on and off here.
damn tough break fro RG.

I realy like the crew cheif and spotter, very positive and ready for buisness. the car seemed pretty good compared to other races last year.

sucks the 15-20 finish turned into a 28, but thats racing. Just hope the team is prepared for next weekend
yeah that was tough luck today. I agree Wheaton. listening to the scanner from the duels and today impressed me. The spotter seems like he cares about Robby and he provides valuable information. We saw Robby talking to quite a few different drivers during the delay. I was wondering who is friends are out there. Does he have a couple close friends on the track or does he just get a long with them when he has to?
Robby has some drivers that he gets along well with and others that don't really care for him. Some that aren't exactly his biggest fans are Jimmie, Biffle, Burton and Logano.
I will buy Burton and Logano, But Biffle and Jimmie???

matt
he was talking with jimmy poo during a Fox camera shot, and he was trying to work with the 51 car, It was funny Rg said "tell Micheal i will push him, not bump him" or somthing similar
What hasn't been answered was if the car had quit running before he got to the line or did Robby take it straight to the pits and cost himself 6 points (was in front of Elliott too at the time). Considering how close he was to the top 35 line last year, those 6 points could make a difference down the road. Was RG too pissed off about the moment that he wasn't thinking big picture?
isnt the big picture missing a few races so points dont have 100% the same meaning as last season??
No. The points are absolutely important. The 7 will run all races and accumulate owner points to stay in top 35, even if Robby doesn't drive some weeks.
Watch the replay, Jeff Gordon was stuck in the middle and got hooked by DENNY HAMLIN, Jeff was turned sideways and Robby had nowhere to go but stay high and got collected. Just a racing deal. Last lap, last turn, everyone jocking for positions...it's what happens. Neither Gordon did anything wrong, and neither Gordon was in position to win. Raw deal for both Gordon's.
6 hours of it......eeek
I'd be up for that!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service