Larry Carter is with the team now, and will assume the duties of Crew Chief. Iain Watt will still be with the team as an engineer.

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this a play on words due to RGM's structure? With Robby being owner driver cc
No, TOG is right. Larry Carter is the crew chief.
I would see this as more of staying in the garage area and a paycheck for Larry as he waits for the director job. If he was to get the Sprint cup job he would be set for a long time. I could always be wrong, on a side note I was at the Bass Pro managers meeting in Branson MO, they introduced Jamie Mc Murray and they actually had him do a burn out inside the meeting room on the carpet in the show car, intresting to watch for sure. When I ask Jamie about Rob he said he has no idea how Rob maintains his hectic schedule, and how he showed a bunch of the drivers the Hummer,thought that was cool.
More info in this article on SPEED.com. Larry says he is just consulting:

“I'm going to help Robby, do a little consulting, look things over, see if there's things I can help him with,” Carter said Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. “Iain Watt, who's been serving as Robby's crew chief, is going to continue in that capacity. I'm just going to help Iain and see if can get things on track a little bit here.”

And he says some other good things about RGM. There is a new Car Chief at RGM too though:

The team does have a new car chief this weekend, Jay Lupo, who moved over from Hendrick Motorsports.

Change is good sometimes.
any information brought over from hendrick is gold I would think......
not if he was on the 88 team...LMAO!
Well,,,i do like the sound of this for sure!
LOL....
Lupo may be able to drive in the absense of RG seems he out ran JJ and JG on a go cart track.......
Maybe that's why Hendrick let him go. Can't have a shop guy outracing the stars now, can we?
jayski is reporting Carter is just a consultant with the team and that Ian is still the CC
Wow that was like trying to listen to every chick in the bar. Lets see who will be on the box Sunday that should put some nuts in the cream.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service