KHI has closed his chassis-building business and plans to sell the 80,000-square foot shop in Kernersville, N.C. Kevin and Delana Harvick’s company employs 140 people.

Races Wins T5 T10 Pole Winnings
NNS 347 10 90 163 17 $10,002,157
CWTS 343 39 137 204 22 $6,457,888
Total 690 49 227 367 39 $16,460,045
CWTS Championship 2007, 2009

Here’s what Harvick said about the decision to close KHI's racing operation

SiriusXM Morning Drive interview

Views: 2471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And I thought N/W or the Truck series would be the way to go. (MAJOR SARCASM)
Hail to the Chief, please send Kevin some stimulus money, he has wrernch ready jobs. Send me some money too, so I can buy some pork & beans.
As long as NASCAR treats the CWTS as a "team funded" series it will be dead within a couple of years. The purses suck: NASCAR earmarks only 0.05% of the TV revenue to CWTS, yet, the trucks consistently provide the best racing of the three series. With a top 10 finish only paying around $10K it just doesn't make any business sense to be there. Ten grand doesn't even pay the tire bill.
+1
HAHA, the revenue for NASCAR has to be there before they can give more to the teams.

NASCAR doesnt release its numbers, but, youd think Friday telecasts on Speed, grandstands with 50% capacity (generous) and 1 day events with $50 tickets could be a challenge.

Dont forget, when NASCAR signs their huge TV deals Fox and ABC, thats to the benefit of Cup, no Trucks.
I understand that. However, as the sanctioning body and owner of the series, NASCAR does little as possible to promote or fund its feeder series'. Wheels, tires, transportation, lodging, licensing fees, sheet metal, tubing, etc. are the same whether it's trucks, NNS, or Cup. How the TV money is distributed is NASCAR's call not Fox, ABC, ESPN, or TNT.
I know NASCAR has more money then god, but if it isnt good business sense to fund wheels, transportation lodging etc, for CWTS I see no reason why they should do it.

In regards to the TV deals, I didnt mean FOX and ABC have a say in the distribution of the money, I meant, CUP gets all the big money from that, but it has nothing to do with the Trucks.

Heres my personal opinion, I like watching Trucks because its a bit of a throw back to the 1990s, back before NASCAR had the huge TV deals. Its racing for racing sake, not racing for advertisement money.
If it makes no business sense then dump it. But NASCAR won't until they suck the last dollar out of the last butt in a seat or it dies off simply due to lack of participation.
Who said it makes no business sense to keep it going? Its a great racing series, its just not as big as Cup or Nationwide. Why does a somebody have to give the teams money? People are still racing there, so there has to be money. Do the local track racers get rich?

For some reason, people think a sport thats on TV has to make the participants millionairs... i dont undersatnd that.
Honsest question Ted,did I miss the sarcasm? or do we have to have an economic 101 class?
Im not understanding your sarcasm. It seems as though WJM thinks NASCAR should fund certain items for the Truck teams.

I really dont understand what you mean.

You think NASCAR should fund the Truck teams expenses?
ok Ted, so you really don't get it. Your post.
"Who said it makes no business sense to keep it going? Its a great racing series, its just not as big as Cup or Nationwide. Why does a somebody have to give the teams money? People are still racing there, so there has to be money. Do the local track racers get rich?

For some reason, people think a sport thats on TV has to make the participants millionairs... i dont undersatnd that."
First, I'll guess you're not a business owner or do a job that produces income (aka government job) Racing is Capitalism 101, Deficit spending lasts until there is no more money and the bank won't loan you more.Doors are locked.
I can talk first hand about local racers not getting rich, I can honestly say that since me first 'money race ' in 1978, I've only made a PROFIT a hand full of times (seasons)
Only the government can print money and deficit spend.If you've paying attention that is even biting them in the ass.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service