Kevin Conway released a statement Monday evening: "I don't mind stiff competition, but I want to make sure the hard facts are told.

Really, is this an appropriate time to be making sponsor plugs, I thought this was a serious situation that Kevin went to the police about?

First and foremost, I love being a part of NASCAR and have worked very hard to earn the privilege of competing in the Sprint Cup Series.

Worked, earned....debatable at best.

On Friday night, Robby Gordon, who has a long history of issues in NASCAR decided to ambush me in the garage area at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, completely unprovoked.

RG's past is just that, past issues. How exactly do you get ambushed in a Cup garage, its almost too fan friendly at time and most sources initially said nobody saw the situation.

Robby even confronted Joe Nemechek, my car owner, on pit road during Cup Series qualifying shoving him and telling him that he was looking for me and going to assault me.

So wait, he assaulted Joe , threatened to harm you and you still decided to go around him. Seems like if that was the case you would either avoid that person, or confront them. So why go over to the Cup garage unless it was for the confrontation?

We have many witnesses including a crew chief that signed a police report documenting the truth of his physical attack on me.

So wait, now other people saw this and its automatically the "truth" just because its signed on a police report. If its legally documented, why not name this person directly?

Situations like this are not good for our sport. It's one thing if we were racing each other and I wrecked him or he wrecked me, that's an entirely different situation. I

Sure, both RG and Joe need his stuff torn up and Nascar just thrives on intentional wrecking, clearly this would have been a better route.

It's very unfortunate that he chose to physically attack me to address his rage. Our fans, sponsors and NASCAR expect and deserve more from our competitors than this bullish, illegal behavior that was displayed by Robby against me."

Bullish and Illegal are both his opinion, but in his defense, Extenze has a pretty "firm grasp" on "hard facts" when it comes to things being illegal. The did have that 6 million dollar out of court settlement. Plus already have pending issues with RGM and Front Row.

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So how come no one has heard from any of the "whole bunch of" witnesses? Someone would have blogged or tweeted or facebooked or something if they had seen something like that.
I want to put this behind me, but I will go on the radio to talk about it as much as I can. Maybe he isn't familiar with Las Vegas' motto, "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas." In two weeks, "Kevin Conway assaulted by David Gilliand and Travis Kvapil" for having to switch rides every week to keep him in a car. Kevin could milk this for quite a while. Thanks for posting the audio.
never mind...
I thought he said "I want to put this in my behind..."
Well I just happened to need something in the truck at 11:20ET and wandered outside. I heard the whole interview and if what Conway said is true about RG finding him and starting the confrontation. I hate to say this, but if RG was on the other end he might have filed a police report too. The only reason I say this is both have lawsuits pending against each other and against a sponsor. Adding a battery charge might help one side in a lawsuit if a persons character is brought into the lawsuit.

I really hope what Kevin said was fabricated and embellished. If not this could be a blow to RG and hopefully it does not spill over to SPEED Energy. Because at best it is a misdemeanor charge, but what could this do to the pending lawsuits and SPEED could be the bigger concern.
oh have no fear.. We all know that Robby has some great lawyers.. Robby will let them handle everything. Just need to get Concentrating on Racing.
I seem to remember reading some where that Robby also studied law.
Conway is lying or at the very least exaggerating the truth by a TON. Where are the "many" witnesses? It happened on pit road but yet nobody saw it? Joe let Robby push him and not push back? Robby going out of his way to "assault" him, but yet no other story has been told except for Kevin's? If he pushed Joe, it would have received TONS more attention than the deal with Conway. Why isn't this explained? If you've noticed Kevin has changed his story a bit every time he is interviewed or makes a statement.
If the helmet does not fit...you must acquit
:)
The money is filtered through Conway's marketing company (or at least it was with Front Row). So everytime you think KC is just the poor driver caught in the middle, think again.
OK.. nobody here is advocating getting in fights and it solves everything.. But what we are saying is Fights do happen, most people man up and deal with it. So far everything we've heard From Kevin is somewhere inbetween (getting choked, pushed, punched, slapped, and put to the ground, not sure what the truth is behind this as it's a little different everytime we hear about it). So this was obviously no where near a brutal beat down or life threatening. Just don't see any reason what so ever to go the cops on this.. just man up and move on. Now if Robby would of came after him with a big ass wrench, or a welding torch or tried to run him down the infield with his car.. then he might have a reason to cry to the cops.. Conway is just milking this for media now.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service