I am too lazy to put in all the drivers, plus I realize that is someone else's job.

But it was a nice surprise to see Wimmer entered with the 77.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Robby should race NH, he runs well on flat tracks, and I'd love to see Pocono just because I'll be there. I hate that he isn't better at Pocono, it's a rhythm track, you'd think he'd be better. Then again, Martinsville is just Sonoma turn 11 1000 times repeated and with the exception of about three races there, he's been awful.
@Matt, that's becouse he won't float the car and take his feet off the pedals so the locker will unlock.IMO (Martinsville)
@mikeKenvon
Don't disagree and I'm a fan
I was more on the owner / driver comment and that was not such a bad idea either
Split the year with two drivers and Robby selling business and having fun
Sounds not so bad to me but ballsy to post.
Very true, he's never been big on rolling the corner, he likes to be doing something with the pedals. Explains his relative lack of success @ the Rock. Dunno why he was good @ NHMS then, though.
Gil Martin and tire's.Once.(Note shortly after the WIN in 2001 at Laconia,GoodYear went to their tire lease policy,so teams couldn't "warehouse" unused own'd tires.Na$crap and GoodYear announce the specified tire codes for a specific event (still).In the own'd tire days if you had x-number of specified tire codes in your inventory,you could use them. That special day in 2001,Gil Martin had saved a batch of specific tire code tire's for Loudon (older mold had more stagger and a slightly harder compound as memory servers)which helps explain the win. Becouse Robby won't take his feet off the pedals to float the car,he nautrally needs more stagger to rotate the car.As a current example for Martinsville 2011 spring race GoodYear used tires with 1.3ins of stagger (for a paper clip) the following week at Texas 1.5 ml tri-oval GoodYear brought a tire with 1.3in of stagger.See what I mean!
Between the word Pattern and Racing is the box NAZICAR gives you to explore and create.
Pattern Racing
He used to be good at Pocono, you would always see him gain spots in the tunnel turn. For some reason not anymore. ??
RGM had good cars and was fairly competitive in the old style cars, the Chevy year with DEI power (before we announced we were going to Ford and got grenades the last 6 races) and the Ford year showed some very good promise.

The COT, though it has probably saved numerous lives since its inception, has done nothing but kill RGMs performance IMO. Whatever you need to do to these cars to make them go is so minute and technical and takes so much money to deisocver/test/figure out it has put the smaller teams at an even bigger disadvantage.

Any smaller team running well is one who gets their cars and engines preppe by bigger teams...i.e. the 78,
Yes, that was better.

IMO, racing is about the team with the best equipment and driver beating the other drivers. If that means they lap the field then so be it. That means the other teams need to get off their arses and build better race cares.

Parity through the COT has ruined NASCAR. There is no room for innovation. They need to regulate safety and get back to minimal rules. The teams and competition will build better cars and generate better racing.
RG was better at Pocono when he could shift gears,he would make up a ton of ground in the turns. Now that they have brought that back, I would love to see how he would do now, on the down side its a very long and boring race, I don't blame him for not going.
He doesnt race at Pocono anymore
Hoo-Ray!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service