Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JG is right about Conway's skill level.
But, then he showed his own lack of class by stating, "I don't understand what his motives are for being here."
YTD, 2,400,000. motives. So, what's the guy supposed to do? Voluntarily walk away from that kind of money and go sell insurance?
No,but he should look to take those dollars and get back to the NNS,or perhaps trucks,any series where he can continue his development.
Perfectly said imo.
Hypothetical question here: what if you'd prefer to develop your skills in NNS but you had a sponsor lined up who basically said "we want you to drive Cup or nothing," which would you choose? Hypothetically speaking of course.
Cup (if Na$crap approved my licence app.) NO BRAINER!
Well that answers JG's question "I don't understand what his motives are for being here."
Or Kevin Conway will be forever branded as the marketing genius who made a fortune as a NASCAR driver despite the fact that he drives in the back of the pack.

Or he might actually improve, and become popular though not stupendously successful. Sort of like the Sadler brothers.

Really, how can you so confidently predict the future?
A lot of things in my life have changed in the past 20 years, but there is one constant: I hate Jeff Gordon.

The autograph thing was great: Approach me anytime, other than day and night. Don't approach me at the track or away from the track. Don't approach me if I am alone, or if I am with someone.

I think the autograph thing is way out of control, and I think it is borderline pathetic for a grown man to ask anyone for an autograph, but JG's comments are hilarious. Let us know when it is OK to talk to you, Your Highness, or as I like to call you, Stuck On Four.
Conway doesn't actaully get all the winnings. He only gets a percentage. I can't remember how much, but from what the lawsuit with Front Row had in it, it was not much. This fact actually surprised me since I assumed that if you won, you got the money. Nope... just a percentage of it. The rest goes to the team.

I don't understand why JG decided Conway should be run out of town. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of experience in Trucks or Nationwide, but last years ROY didn't either did he? I mean, he was only 18.

From what I remember from the beginning of the season, it was Extenze's decision to go cup, Conway was trying to continue in Nationwide. If someone asked me to go to MLB and I was only trying out for a AAA team, would I go...? Yes!
Maybe it's the "closing rate"- i don't knw but since JG is on the track with him, might of had some close calls while throwing a lap on him, compared to other's
If he looks like he sucks! And he smells like he sucks! He pretty much Sucks!
I'm guessing Conway maker $20 to $50 Grand a a race.. Da Man!! That's what he is!! CHA-FRICKIN-CHING!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service