Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hard not agree with JG. The Cup series is the highest level of stock car racing and a series that has even intrigued the best drivers in the world including former F1 champions. What has KC proven in past racing series that makes him eligible to compete at this level? I look back to the ARCA starts that some development drivers that raced at Pocono over the years and here is a list of winners: Mike Wallace, Ryan Newman, Casey Atwood, Scott Riggs, Travis Kvapil, Chad McCumbee, Ricky Steinhouse Jr, Justin Allgaier, Joey Logano. Some of these drivers are well accomplished, some faded away and some never had a great cup career and some are up and coming. You can say that they all had superior equipment, but KC was in a Gibbs car for 7 Busch races in 2007 and never finished higher than 20th and never on the lead lap.

I'll support the guy because he is driving an RGM car and bringing the sponsor. Has anyone seen Brent Sherman? Son of Robert Sherman, Presidnet of Serta. Oh yeah, he drove for Beth Ann. Anyone else see a connection here?

I have people in my office that are not good at what they do and I have often wondered why they haven't considered changing careers.
I think the last I saw of Brent Sherman, he was in an Indy Lights car for Panther Racing.
I'll support any man who is not an A S S H O L E
I've been to many races Seen them there
Football games, there as well, the list goes on and on they gravitate to each other most times.
I don't see this guy as one of them....never drank with the man but you can tell sometimes.
A great Mason more often than not makes a lousy carpenter, let's just say that. The Extenze deal great....really great, but in the end I know a cook when I eat his food and what ever the hell is going on behind the scenes with this man I don't know and don't want to but if Robby was forced to give his honest opinion I think he already did it when he said "we will give him cars that are easy to drive" Let's let this man keep his dignity here it is obvious to all he has to look at all those guys in the eye each week.
I'm gonna tend to listen to the guy that's been on the track with him, and thrown countless laps on the guy. No JG fan by any mean's, but I think he was being nice! just business baby, cash in hand!!
KC buys his rides, big deal. Good way for a sponsor to stay in the sport at a low cost. Besides, there isnt 43 competitive rides in NASCAR Sprint cup. So what if Extenze and KC gain exposure due to lack of competition. KC will get better or go away. He gets lapped at every track, but he doesnt crash much. Think about how much money he saves a car owner. Easy on equipment, brings in money. Perfect filler until a full sponsor deal comes along.
Let me just say that I despise JG, period, the end. He does however have a point! This Conway kid is not good, plain and simple. I will support him because he runs for RGM but he absolutely inspires no confidence in me whatsoever. He brings a sponsor which is what RGM desperately needs right now!
While it's not an exact comparison, I'll remind everyone that many of the same things were being said about Paul Menard only a few years ago, and Paul is actually doing fairly well now. I hope the shakeup at RPM doesn't screw him up too much.

KC could improve, or he may go away as soon as his sponsor does. But he's here for now, and RG benefits from it somewhat, so it is what it is.
Kevin Conway had a NNS ride with Gibbs a few years back. He didn't finish higher than 20th in any of his starts and was released from his ride. The same Gibbs team that more or less dominates that series. That's all you need to know about how much talent Conway has.

/thread
I've tried to make the same comparisson. However, Paul ran the Busch series for 3 years before he attempted to run Cup races and had 30+ top 5s and a win at Milwaukee to prove that he was ready. What has KC done to prove he belongs in Cup racing?
He brought a sponsor, and in today's economy, that's all it takes. You may not like it, but it's a fact.
And something NO other contributor to the Planet has.An Unrestricted Cup license!
Sidenote, how many contributor's could even get a restricted Truck license? (I'm think'n 3,maybe 5)
Good point Mike. NASCAR approved KC as a driver for CUP. If JG has a problem with it he needs to talk to NASCAR about the qualification parameters.

Alan, I just wanted to point out that Paul was much more accomplished before he got a Cup ride. They each came from money that bought them a ride, that's where the comparisson ends.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service