#7-Robby Gordon says he has enough funding to race in all the Cup races through April, meaning Darlington would be the first race he would miss if funding isn't found.

As a Darlington native, I would hate to see Rob miss that one but money don't grow on trees unless you are selling pot

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dodge
Thank you very much.
Hopefully Robby can get some more So Cal distribution contracts lined up as California Speedway race is nearing.
This is just my gut feeling...but if the sales and distribution deals are going well enough that we're now good through the end of April (plus whatever races we were planning on running throughout the season of the initial 18-20 reported), and Robby has elected to run Martinsville, which is hands down his worst track ever (lol)...

...I have a funny feeling we may see the 7 at the track all year....though it wouldn;t surprise me if there is another driver in it on a few weeks (i.e. if Robby runs Indy/Off Road conflict/goes for the $5 million in October).

All specualtion on my part...but I get the feeling there are some great deals being discussed/on the table that will allow this to happen...it's too good of a product for distributors to ignore.
Sam Hornish can cover for Robby-good Penske connection there.
Robby has an advertising partner for any races he chooses to enter.SPEED ENERGY!
Wouldn't it be something if this stuff sells so well this year we're a 2 car team next year!
Don't ever expect SPEED Energy to primary sponsor a second car... Robby is not in the business of buliding other driver's careers.
Think DAKAR, for proof of Fly's comment.
true...but wouldn't he want to eventually start the transition to building his Cup Owner career?

Obviously if you can find other sponsor's to fund a second team that is most desirable, but if the cash is flowing, Red Bull doesn;t seem to have issue funding two cup teams..obviously we have a long way to go to catch their sales numbers...but I'm just saying..if the sales can support it, why not?

Especially with the number of big time free agents available this offseason...RGM shows th eperformance this year, maybe yuo get one of them to sign...
Like B-Lab? LOL he junked a lot of cars in one weekend.
You really think RG is going to do what AJ did? I think if RG has to hang is helmet he will do just that. Then maybe have an energy drink company. RG will be 81 years old going for another Dakar or baja 1000 win.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service