Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 9, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 7th stage.

Stage 7 - Friday, January 9

Mendoza (ARG) > Valparaiso (CHL)

Connection: 80 km | Special: 419 km | Connection: 317 km | Total: 816 km
The variety of terrains and landscapes, a constant given for the Dakar 2009, is evident once again on this stage, where, in addition to a change of country, most of the competitors will get to know the Cordillera of the Andes. Before measuring themselves with the mountains, they must cross over a series of dunes and endure a session of fesh fesh, which is identical to Saharan sand, but which the inhabitants of the region call “guadal”. Concerning the mountains, this will be the only special to include passageways at 3,000 meters on technical routes that will sometimes allow a glimpse of the Aconcagua, the highest point in the Andes (6,959 m). Then, competitors will cross the border on the link section to reach the sea at Valparaiso.

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

1650 miles to go until they tweak it some more
3rd place Fretigne is riding a 450cc bike!
Cyril Despres will be up front before this is all over
ok I may have missed it but what happened to Alli-ti or whatever?
another great result today. This is what happens when a team consistantly throws down top 5's. Really liking the toughness of the equipment and the crew so far.
Robby Audio file, still in it to win it baby.

http://www.dakar.com/2009/DAK/LIVE/us/700/r7_3-interviews.html
Why is the Hummer only 2wd?
I wonder if Grieder has a good sense of Humor...like after they rolled the truck and take off....he should have thrown in a "oh yeah..by the way...back there..were we rolled....hard right...my bad"......

I think he got a little whiplash...you can see him shaking the cobwebs out....
That would have been funny as shit if Andy said that.
I am a big Robby fan ,but i don't think he has that great of a sense of humor.I think Andy would be walking if he said that...
anyone know were you can get one of those monster t shirts like robby wears ?
yep. at thehotpass.com store , but you gotta stay on the lookout for them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service