Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 9, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 7th stage.

Stage 7 - Friday, January 9

Mendoza (ARG) > Valparaiso (CHL)

Connection: 80 km | Special: 419 km | Connection: 317 km | Total: 816 km
The variety of terrains and landscapes, a constant given for the Dakar 2009, is evident once again on this stage, where, in addition to a change of country, most of the competitors will get to know the Cordillera of the Andes. Before measuring themselves with the mountains, they must cross over a series of dunes and endure a session of fesh fesh, which is identical to Saharan sand, but which the inhabitants of the region call “guadal”. Concerning the mountains, this will be the only special to include passageways at 3,000 meters on technical routes that will sometimes allow a glimpse of the Aconcagua, the highest point in the Andes (6,959 m). Then, competitors will cross the border on the link section to reach the sea at Valparaiso.

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

I'm really pissed they keep chopping these stages up. There should only be 35 cars left by now...
Yep this is spossed to be the most gruling off road, and they are chopping into a powder puff set of stages
This is the first time they've actually done this rally here.
ya just venting a little they obviosly put the route togther with confidence
watch out fly is pissed
Keep giving us that cant stream the tracker updates guys!

Podium might not be out of the question if he can hold the Hummer together...
yes. podium is definately in the mix as long as his problems are smaller than their problems. Yes. He needs some long runs. Theres only one kind of luck in this race. Bad. Big guys are falling out. Halfway there!
There is a long run before the arrival with a little luck he could still win the stage.
dive right in! More the merrier. From here to the finish its not about the car. Its about who has the least problems.
hell ya get into the mix already....
I am just lurking, I have nothing to add but I LOVE all the info that gets posted!!
Maybe Robby will bring this format back with him to NASCAR?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service