Jan 9th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 5 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 5 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon looks to rebound after rolling the Hummer is stage 4. Gordon is now down over 5 hours in the overall and will try to win as many of the remaining stages as he can. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 4 at 11:25am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 12:30pm/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 5 TRACKING

STAGE 5: AREQUIPA > ARICA

Connection 337km | Special Stage 172km | Total 509km

COURSE OVERVIEW

A relatively late start will allow the slowest competitors to make up for time lost the day before, as well as to cope with the time change which has been scheduled. For this transition stage which will see the rally enter Chile, the contrast will be visible both in terms of the variety of scenery and the average speeds recorded at the finish. The tracks taken by the motorcyclists will take their toll on their arms: the environment is favourable to attacks, but the stony sections and the rivers to be crossed in some areas will curb their enthusiasm. Those in four-wheeled vehicles will also criss cross between the first reliefs, from valley to valley, with the eyes of the navigators glued to the road book.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 12755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where is Bruno??? The planet really needs some comic relief.

Looking at the profile I wonder if the downhill sand finish is the big downhill from last year?

Any chance of an update tonight as to status of the Hummer and how repairs are progressing?

doesn't look like there's a lot other than what's been spoken about.... link below for pic of front.

Attachments:

Fuck with the french and controlling the media ... so hard to get video on the Dakar .. I bet if they open the source they will make soo much money... I'm happy for Gordon ..he could at least be in the middle arrriving in Chile.. Passing the cordilleras to Argentina is going to be a bitch and you need a strong engine.

I'm just so damn glad RG is still in the rally. I hope with the pressure off he can have some fun and grab some stage wins.

Gas On

+1 Bottom line is we had bad luck and now little or no chance for an overall win. It really sucks so now the pressure is off and RG needs lick his wounds and try to really enjoy and relish the remaining stages - off road is his passion and a few stage wins would be fantastic.

I FELL SOME STAGE WINS COMING IF I WERE KELLON I WOULD MAKE SURE THE SEAT BELTS ARE EXTRA TIGHT FROM HERE ON OUT. ROBBY WILL BE ON A MISSION. GAS ON RG

I would like to see Robby be a spoiler to Peter. If RGM can win as many stages then it might bump Peter off the stage and let Nasser in. So US v Them can still be on

Why waste your energy on a grudge? The Dakar is way too thrilling and challenging in it's own right. I say conquer the bitch! (The Dakar). Sure it's humbling not to win, but at this point eat the humble pie, repair, refocus, and win in a thousand other ways while on this adventure. A real potential still exist to win a stage or more.

Gas On!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service