Jan 9th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 2nd in stage 7 & Nasser Al Attiyah finished 1st. Cars begin stage 7 at 8:40am/et (10:40am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: Copiapo > Antofagasto

Connection 245km | Special Stage 477km | Total 722km

COURSE OVERVIEW

At this stage of the competition, the number of contenders for the title will be reduced to a small handful in each category. But despite the significant number of kilometres to be covered, this first stage after the rest day should not be relied on to create decisive gaps. The rally's longest special stage will be used to allow the competitors to get back into the pace of the competition. On the stone-covered tracks which will lead to Antofagasta, the pace will be rather intense, but this will not prevent the drivers from catching sight of some magnificent views.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 8885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As one commenter said "First the fat lady falls then you talk about food-" haha

No joke. That was crazy.

GO ROBBY - GO!!!!

Robby did his best to help Nassar, but its time for nassar to be the back up for Rob. I hope he can put his Ego in Check ,and be the water carrier TEAM TEAM TEAM

Just sayin

Those Americans always doing things they are not qualif.................I bet she could ride just fine however as the story teller stated, that soft stuff got a hold of her and as anyone knows if you haven't fallen then you haven't been on it. I'll speak for myself yes I have it hurt

Wow. What a great special! So pumped for Robby at this point in the rally. He is using the right approach; sadly, or not, N is not. We shall see where it ends up. Robby is in a great position, and mindset, to win this thing, ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Keep up the good stuff RG.

Between WP's 7 and 8 are not timed. So when they get to 8, will they start with the same time gaps between them as they finished WP 7 or back to the 3 min separation like the start?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service