Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 8, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 6th stage.Robby sits in 7th overall,only 41 minutes back.

Stage 6 - Thursday, January 8
San Rafael > Mendoza
Connection: 76 km | Special: 395 km | Connection: 154 km | Total: 625 km
The day’s program is once again full of crossings, since the special begins with around sixty kilometers of dunes. The trail becomes easier in the second part, but competitors might well be slowed down by a wide ford that must be crossed with exceeding skill to avoid an extended bath. On arrival at Mendoza, the rally will penetrate the foothills of the Andes mountain range.

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

They stopped at Slash X for a beer and a burger, and ran into some babes,,,
does anybody know why they shorten the stage?
the water crossing (fiord) was too gnarly
thanks
A great white shark was spotted swimming in the River they were supposed to cross since the water in the river was a little high. SAFTEY First no one wants to get eaten by a shark.
I don't know ..6 cars arre seperated by about 12 minutes and then at 20 minutes back another car and then 30+ minutes back is Robby.......

I'm hoping for #2 scenerio.....I think we are going to find they had to stop and fix somthing....AL ballwalladingsdong is the only time that looks F Uped
Now they are showing 2 cars through the fiinal...

Al wallawallabingbong and Devillers 5 minutes behind.....
In the whole world of racing we don't have anyone as dynamic as RG. Andy McMillian, maybe but, he will probably go into the family bus. in S.D. and at Andy's age RG had already won a 12hr,pks peak record, plus numerous wins in baja???
finish is only 6 seconds past 169
that means work today, that sucks, work is for suckers
Not looking very good for Rubs today
De Villies made up 15 min in last stage maybe Robby can do the same

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service