Jan 8th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 8th in Stage 5, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 33rd. The special section of Stage 6 is 542km. Robby Gordon start time: 8:25am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:05am/et.

2016 Stage 4 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: UYUNI > UYUNI

Connection 181km | Special Stage 542km | Total 723km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The longest special section of the Dakar takes place on the 6th day of consecutive racing. And that is not the only difficulty of this operation, which will take place between 3,500 and 4,200m in altitude. The pace and surfaces change constantly, alternating between sand and rock, which may be disconcerting, especially if it rains. Glimpses of the Salar d’Uyuni are but one of the visual delights on the agenda. Meanwhile, the truck category, which will race separately on this 6th stage, will visit the home town of the President Evo Morales.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 43017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the greetings of the locals on the live feed is incredible !!!

Is there only one livestream for bolivia? It seems like the link I am watching has only had trucks come in for the last 1 1/2 hour.

well they are the last ones on tracks

99 started 44 in last checked, trucks took a different route.

S123456789101112AF

Special Cars Bikes Quads Trucks
Start 10:02 06:50 06:50 12:51
Connection 4km 4km 4km 4km
Special stage 542km 542km 542km 295km
Number of participants
from start 99 124 39 53
have left 98 124 38 49
WP11 65 100 28 -
at arrival 45 104 29 41

So if the trucks are on a completely different route... that might explain why RG never showed up on the live feed? Different finish line, liason, etc

Yeah, strange that they weren't at the finish line for the cars? I wonder why?

Loeb:
“I had a first puncture, then I had to do the almost 80 kilometres with the accelerator blocked at full power, so I had to control it with a switch and it was really complicated to drive like that. Finally, I got another puncture and we had to change a second wheel. It was a complicated day. Hopefully, it will be better over the next days. For us, it was important to increase the lead as much as possible. Finally we lost the first place, but there is still a long way to go. The problem will be solved and it will be better”.

"Limp home mode"

wish that robby limps that fast =)

Incredible he finished where he did.

I've heard of guy's riding in with the kill button, but damn

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service