Jan 8th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 8th in Stage 5, and his teammate, Sheldon Creed, finished 33rd. The special section of Stage 6 is 542km. Robby Gordon start time: 8:25am/et, Sheldon Creed start time: 9:05am/et.

2016 Stage 4 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: UYUNI > UYUNI

Connection 181km | Special Stage 542km | Total 723km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The longest special section of the Dakar takes place on the 6th day of consecutive racing. And that is not the only difficulty of this operation, which will take place between 3,500 and 4,200m in altitude. The pace and surfaces change constantly, alternating between sand and rock, which may be disconcerting, especially if it rains. Glimpses of the Salar d’Uyuni are but one of the visual delights on the agenda. Meanwhile, the truck category, which will race separately on this 6th stage, will visit the home town of the President Evo Morales.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 43017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On to stage 7!

So what was the finale finish ????

Al llegar alcanzamos a los primeros carros y nos quedamos hasta que Robby llego a la meta, pero llego jalando a Sheldon Creed. Lo que pasó es que Robby se quedó sin gasolina, al parecer están teniendo problemas con el tanque de gasolina, marca lleno pero en realidad le faltaban algunos galones, entonces se quedo sin gasolina según unos 150km de la llegada, Creed al verlo parado se detiene a ayudarlo y le comparte gasolina del Gordini 2 al Gordini 1 pero desafortunadamente también Sheldon se queda sin gasolina por lo que Robby tuvo que jalarlo hasta la meta, ya en la meta los seguimos hasta el primer pueblito donde una persona vendía gasolina directamente desde su casa. 4 galones para cada Gordini y vamonos para el bivouac.

Says Both ran out of gas after the finish they drove to a small village to meet with a man who had 4 gallon of gas for each gordini so they can make it back to bivuac tuff day.

On line translator: since I dont read or speak spanish...
On having come we reach to the first cars and remain until Robby I come to the goal, but I come pulling Sheldon Creed. What happened is that Robby remained without petrol, apparently they are having problems with the tank of petrol mark. I fill but actually he was lacking some gallons, at the time still has me without petrol according to some 150km of the arrival, Believe on having seen it unemployed person it detains to help and him petrol of the Gordini shares 2 to the Gordini 1 but unfortunately also Sheldon remains without petrol for what Robby had to pull it up to the goal, already in the goal we follow them up to the first hamlet where a person was selling petrol directly from his house. 4 gallons for every Gordini and vamonos for the bivouac.

Not all languages translate to English well.
ASO and FIA French rule book comes to mind.
Now, that is dakar spirit. Well done boys, you made it.
Video I found on RG engine in comparison to others http://youtu.be/OIV1XeH2HGw

this is in Video's

This from Toyo's twitter
Attachments:

excellent!

Awesome photo, thanks!

What makes it worse, bulk of Pickup Trucks in South America use diesel

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service